• library •

[note: there are no quirks in this au]

Todoroki hadn't been feeling well lately, and this was a different type of 'ill'.

"Although 'ill' might be the wrong word." He muttered as he squat down to inspect some instant soba packets at the supermarket.

He specifically disregarded the ones dressed in red packaging.

It was when his thighs started to hurt that he grabbed a couple and shoved them down a bag, to be checked out at the counter.

Gathering his thoughts, if he had to label it as something, he'd say he was feeling weird.

He made his way to the cashier, passing by a bunch of vegetables on his way.

'Broccoli.' He abruptly thought, looking at the vegetable on display blankly.

He couldn't describe it, really, but he likes to think this whole 'feeling strange' fiasco started about a week ago.

And it was, weirdly enough, because of broccoli.

Metaphorically speaking.

He blew away the thoughts in a violent shake of his head and checked out.

Clutching a plastic bag filled with nothing but instant soba, he left the store, staring up at the sun. He kinda hated how it stung his eyes, despite looking at it of his own free will.

He made his way home, his shoes kicking away at the gravel.

He couldn't stop feeling weird, and clearly, shopping didn't work. So he decided to try a different method.

He thought maybe plugging in and listening to some music might help.

He lip-synced the lyrics to Adam Levine's Bang Bang, but it did little to nothing to curb this growing feeling of unease.

It was when he got to the lyrics 'She shot me, she shot me, bang bang she shot me,' when he felt something hit home (which was odd because there was currently no lady in his life who shot straight through his heart) and decided to stop.

Frustrated, he kicked at the ground, almost immediately checking around to look if anyone caught him acting out so suddenly.

No one was there, he was safe.

It wasn't anything he had to worry about though, he thought to himself, not like he did something illegal.

After all, people act strangely out on the streets all the time.

What, it's not like he suddenly erupted into flames or froze the entire pavement anyway. Nothing to stare at.

His mind drew a blank again, calling himself an idiot for thinking such silly things.

He wasn't like this before, when did he become so self-conscious?

He really was feeling weird.

'I need a new word in my vocabulary. I keep using that.'

He wouldn't admit it, but this gave him a chance to pretend he couldn't get his mind off of a certain someone, so he decided to look up the various synonyms for the word 'weird'.

After about half an hour of horsing around, he reached his apartment and flopped himself on his bed like a falling loaf of bread.

"Auuuuugh." He emitted what seemed to be an agonizing sound.

Five minutes of dwelling in denial, he finally propped himself up straight, letting out another groan.

It all started a week ago.