Black Lace

Black lace. That was what I held and saw her in last before she was forcibly removed from my grasps. My entire world, gone, just like that. She was my everything. She had wavy dark brown hair, stunning hazel eyes and the smile of an angel. I miss her perfect fingers, running up my hand and onto my face before she stroked my cheek with her delicate fingernails. Her full, strawberry flavoured lips that tasted so amazing every time we kissed. The smile that she gave me every morning when we woke up next to each other.

I remember when we first met at Starbucks. She was in a white blouse and short jeans with her long hair tied up in a ponytail. She didn't have a trace of make-up on her face which only made her look more beautiful. I remember her order was the Jasmine Green Tea because I had made it and handed it to her.

"I'm Louis." I told her as I handed over her tea.

She looked up and her cheeks immediately blushed bright pink. Her eyes fluttered slightly and a smile formed on her face. She looked a little nervous as she tucked her hair behind her ear. She also looked slightly taken aback as she stared at me with her beautiful eyes.

"I-I-I'm (YN)" she told me in a soft whisper.

That's how it all started. I got her number and promised to call. Which I did the very next day. I asked her out and she agreed. I took her to the movies. We watched The Bourne Legacy. (The movie was awesome, check it out.)

I walked her home after the date. I loved the way she laughed at all my jokes. She would flip her hair back and it overwhelmed me (see what I did there?). Her cheeks would flush dark red every time I complimented her. I loved the way she bit her lip every time she was nervous.

"I had a great time, Louis." she whispered in my ear as she hugged me.

"I had a great time too." I told her as I intertwined our fingers.

"Will I see you again?" she asked.

"Do you want to see me again?" I asked, eyebrows raised.

"Definitely." she whispered.

We went out again a couple of days later, this time, bowling. She wore a striped black and white t-shirt with skinny jeans. Light make-up on her face, her hair curled and on her shoulders. Absolutely perfect. She told me she didn't have a clue on how to bowl at all. I laughed it off and swore I would help her and not make her look like a complete mess. I went up first and did my very best to impress her. But of course I failed...miserably.

The ball rolled into the ditch and I could feel my cheeks burning red with embarrassment. I turned around and spread my arms open and yelled, "And that's not how you do it!"

(YN) burst into a fit of giggles. Her laugh was so amazing and infectious that it even made me smile. She was clutching her stomach as she laughed at me. Her hand was over her mouth, trying to hide her big smile.

"It's your turn now." I reminded her.

She still had a smile on her face as she walked up to get her bowling ball. Her hands were soft and they were warm against my skin. I held her fingers and gently slid them into the holes, helping her hold it up. She bit down hard on her bottom lip. She was really nervous.

"You can't laugh, alright?" she said to me before she walked up to the lane.

"I swear, I won't." I assured her.

She took a few steps forward and I followed behind her. I could smell her hair. It smelled like sunshine and strawberries. She reached the lane and I gently pressed my body against hers, holding her waist. I let my face linger near her ear. I whispered, "Don't worry, I got you."