23. If It's You...

Pete ran for Jason after James ditched him at lunch. The halls were crowded with students getting ready for their next class. Thankfully his height came in handy and above the heads of the bustling teens, he spotted Jason turning into the stairwell. 

Through the bodies of the hormonal crowd, Pete found his way to the stairwell and followed the stomping. He prayed it was Jason and ran up by skipping steps. Thankfully the stomping stopped by the rooftop entrance and he found Jason in tears sitting on the steps.

"Hey, what's going on between you and James?" Pete sat next to Jason and wrapped his arm around him.

"I caught that asshole twice making out with Codi. He has Kian and he knows I have a crush on Codi. Why is he being such a fucking slut?" Jason cried into Pete's arms.

"Whoa, I didn't know he was doing all of that but he isn't in his right mind right now. Something happened to him over the weekend." Pete squeezed Jason. 

"Did he and Kian break up? And if he did, how could he move on so quickly although now that I think about it, it seemed like Codi is the one pressuring him." Jason wiped his face but remained in Pete's arms.

"I don't think they broke up, at least not yet. But it's actually really serious and if the results come back positive, it'll change everything?" Pete whispered so his deep voice wouldn't carry in the stairwell.

"Positive? Is he possibly sick?" Jason sat up now looking worried.

"I don't want to say it out loud. Here…" Pete pulled out his phone and typed about the possible pregnancy with Kian.

"What the fuck? No wonder he is a mess. But still, why Codi?" Jason's eyes watered.

"I don't know buddy. But I can't blame James for being a mess. I even slept over last night and he literally cried himself to sleep." Pete wiped the tear from Jason's face.

"You're a good friend Pete. Too bad you're straight." Jason chuckled.

"Why's that?" Pete chuckled and nudged Jason. 

"I'd snatch you up." Jason winked but did not expect the look of curiosity in Pete's eyes and the hesitation in his lips as he formed his next words.

"How did you know you was gay? I mean I asked James about so just wondering if its different for everyone," Pete blushed but his curiosity had him teetering on the edge of wanting to give in to his curiosity or simply dismissing it as a phase. He wasn't sure what he had been feeling or how to deal with it. He wasn't sure if he was feeling influenced or if he really could like a boy but if he did, he knew with certainty, it would be Jason.

"Well I kinda always knew. I played with my mom's makeup and wore her clothes growing up. I never had a dad so mom nurtured everything I did. Then as I got older I noticed I never looked at girls that way but boys made me excited." Jaxon shrugged, "why do you ask?"

"Well…I...I don't know really." Pete looked down at Jason's lips and then back to his eyes and blushed before turning away.

"Pete, are you curious out of understanding because your two friends are gay or are you curious for yourself?" Jason tilted his head in wait.

"Both? Maybe? I don't know." Pete whispered looking down at his feet.

Jason reached over and turned Pete's face. He leaned in and touched his nose to Pete, "does me being this close bother you?" Jason whispered with his lips lightly grazing Pete's.

Pete's breath hitched, "no". He trembled at the closeness. "Jason, can I ask you something?"

Jason placed his forehead on Pete's, "sure".

"Do you get aroused by any man or only those you find attractive?" Pete whispered almost too soft to hear.

"Do you get aroused by every woman?" Jason responded with a chuckle.

"So my dick being hard right now is because... it's you and no one else?" Pete gulped. An odd feeling pooled in his stomach. The proximity was killing him but he wasn't registering why. He was lost in the moment.

"Wait what?" Jason looked down at the boner Pete had. "I gave you that just now?" Jason looked back up to Pete.

"The second you got close to me. I'm so confused right now. I'm sorry, this wasn't my intention. I-" Pete was cut off by Jason.

"Hey, stop freaking out. Let me try something okay? Close your eyes." Jason leaned in and kissed Pete. Pete froze but kissed back as the shock wore off. Pete quickly deepened the kiss with a slight grunt and then pulled away in horror.

"Shit, I...I'm sorry...fuck," Pete stood up to run but Jason caught his arm.

"Don't run, there's nothing to be sorry about especially if you liked it." Jason stood up as well, still holding on to Pete who towered him despite being a step lower.

"But-"

"But what, why are you running?"

"It's embarrassing, Jay," Pete blushed and so did Jason at the sound of the nickname.

"Liking it shouldn't be embarrassing" 

"Jay, that's not it. I...fuck this is embarrassing...I came when you kissed me." Pete mumbled under his breath.

Jason's eyes grew wide with a blush that reached down to his neck. " I made you come!"