An Elegant Voice ★ Harvey

(Gender-neutral pronouns and btw I headcanon that Harvey has a german accent and that Gunther has a british accent. I don't know why. I made Y/n from UK too!)

The door opened to the museum and Gunther looked up. There walked Y/n in. Their hood was covered in white snow, same snow that was covering their cloak. Y/n took their hood down slowly and smiled at Gunther.

"Good day, Gunther! Quite a snowstorm outside." They chuckled and Gunther nodded, looking out of his window. "Can't imagine seeing the children coming in today, so I'll be reading." Y/n sighed, hanging their cloak close by Gunther's desk.

"Alright, I found some lost books so I recommend you checking them out." Gunther hinted and Y/n grinned widely, walking over to bookshelves to try and pick out the new books. They had been reading some poetry the day before and wanted to try something new.

The royal blue book stood out of from the other dark brown and ruined books in the bookshelves. Y/n grinned at the book and pulled it out. A bit of grime was stuck on the cover, making Y/n grin even more. Something with those dirty books made them smile.  

A small squeal made Y/n turn around. There Vincent stood, covered in snow. "Take off your coat, will you?" Gunther muttered behind his desk and Vincent nodded, hurrying to pull off his blue jacket.

"Vincent! Didn't expect to see you here today since the storm." Y/n chirped, walking to him and crouching down to hug him. The small boy wrapped his short arms around the adult, grinning. "What book do you want to hear today, Vince?" Y/n asked, leading Vincent to the bookshelves with colorful books.

"I want to read the Harry Potter book!" He answered, jumping a bit before sitting down on a pink beanbag. "Alright." Y/n whispered as they pulled out the red and blue book, smiling at the name. "Well, then we must begin with 'the Philosopher's Stone'." Y/n told Vincent while sitting down on a red beanbag and getting comfortable.

Vincent just nodded, his grin becoming wider as Y/n opened the book. 

"Chapter One. The Boy Who Lived." Y/n read. "Mr and Mrs Dursley, of number four, Privet Drive." They continued, talking in a smooth voice that made Vincent already feel sleepy. 

While Y/n read, someone walked into the library. He shook his coat outside to not make the library covered in snow and greeted Gunther. "Hallo, Gunther." He smiled, making Gunther look up and smile lightly. "Hello, Harvey. Come again to read about aeroplanes?" He asked and Harvey nodded as he hung up his coat.

Harvey walked away to his favourite books,gently leaning his finger on all of the spines, excited to see what he wanted to read this day. He finally found a book he had not read in a while and walked towards a chair but in his step he stopped.

A voice read out another sentence to the kid who sat and listened, eager to know what happened later. "Stop! I forbid you! yelled Uncle Vernon in panic." Y/n read to Vincent who sat up with a straight spine with shock plastered on his face.

Harvey leaned against a bookshelf, watching Y/n continue to read the book. He loved how they read. They changed voices perfectly for all of the characters, old to young. There was something with their calm british accent that made Harvey melt.

After a while of reading Vincent fell asleep as the book began to end. Y/n noticed quickly and chuckled lightly before closing the book. They put the book in a pile full of children books that they had read to Jas and Vincent.

Y/n walked over to the coat rack and grabbed their cloak and in a swift move they covered themselves while walking to the sleeping Vincent. Y/n gently picked him up and grabbed his coat before leaving the library, giving Gunther a silent goodbye.

They walked in the now more calm weather, thanking Marnie for gifting them a pair of snow boots since the snow was still heavily packed. Y/n knocked on Jodi's front door, meeting the face of Sam in a blue hoodie and grey sweatpants.

"Oh, hullo Y/n." He smiled at her and she pointed at the sleeping Vincent in her arms and Sam made an 'o' with his mouth, understand what happened. He slowly grabbed Vincent into his own arms and silently thanked Y/n for keeping him company before he closed the door.

Y/n smiled while they sighed and began trotting towards their own farm. 

"Y/n! Warten!" A man called after them, making Y/n turn. "Hullo, Harvey." Y/n smiled, a blush touching their cheeks. Both from the freezing cold temperature but also because of the very attractive man in front of them.

"I just erm... I wanted to..." Harvey struggled to form a sentence, just stuck in looking at them. "I wanted to ask if you wanted to come over to my place sometimes... To drink Tee- Tea." He finally confessed, struggling a bit with the language.

Y/n's heart began thumping quicker and their soft smile became larger. "Of course." Y/n answered, melting inside when they listened to Harvey's horrible english. They walked up closer to him and stood up on their toes, giving a small light kiss on the cheek.

Harvey's face became bright red as he tried to speak. "Let's do it on Friday. So... in two days!" Y/n spoke, looking straight into the flustered man's brown eyes. "S-Sure." He stuttered, nodding quickly. 

"Great." Y/n grinned at Harvey, leaning forward and pushing his glasses up a bit on his nosebridge before turning around and walking towards their farm leaving a bright red Harvey outside of Pierre's.

Two days later, Y/n stood in front Harvey's apartment. They hesitated on knocking before pushing themselves to knock. A quiet mumble was heard from inside and the creaking of floorboards. Some seconds later the door opened.

"Y/n..!" Harvey exclaimed, blushing lightly. "Hi." They smiled lightly and walked into his chest, hugging him. Harvey stood in shock until he understood what Y/n had done and hugged them back. 

"Come in, I made my own angel hair pasta primavera!" Harvey rambled on, pulling Y/n gently into his apartment. THey looked around after they slid their shoes off.

The interest of aeroplanes really showed with all the posters and books about them. "I see you like aeroplanes.." Y/n giggled, thinking it was quite adorable. "Oh! Erm, yeah." Harvey awkwardly said, scratching the back of his neck. 

"It's cute.." Y/n muttered, not knowing Harvey heard and making him completely red. 

"Erm... The food is done." Harvey said and he and Y/n ate the pasta dish happily. It was very good, Y/n thought. Later on the evening the two sat and played some board games. 

Y/n slowly lifted their gaze up at Harvey to sneak a glance but he was already looking at them. Both of their hearts beat quicker than before, a slight blush creeping onto Harvey's cheeks. Y/n inched closer, still mesmerised of Harvey's face.

Y/n slowly got closer with their face to Harvey's, licking their lips just in case. Harvey got impatient quickly and smashed his lips onto theirs. Y/n held their hands behind his head, holding his hair gently while the pair's bodies moved in sync.

Harvey leaned forward, pushing Y/n against his matt gently as he towered over them. They both leaned back from the kiss, breathing heavily. "You don't know how many times I've wanted to do that.." Harvey muttered, smiling a bit at Y/n. 

Y/n stroke their thumb on Harvey's cheek, love in their eyes. "You're so pretty..." They muttered, looking all across the now red face. 

"I- Erm-" "You don't have to answer, love." Y/n interrupted Harvey's stammering. "No, I want to. But let me show you, please." He looked at them for consent and Y/n smiled softly, nodding.

The night was a memory for Y/n, they knew that. 

And something told her that Harvey must've done it some times before...