Miserable ★ Shane

(Request: Leonlazuli)

Y/n walked in the Cindersap Forest. The rain fell onto her hair, making it completely soaked. It was raining cats and dogs, making Y/n sad. She wanted to start farming today but the weather said otherwise.

She was looking for berries for her wine making. Y/n had a basket that was starting to fill up with berries until she saw an empty beer can. Her face turned into a questioned frown before she noticed a trail of cans.

Y/n followed the trail, the smell of beer intoxicating her nostrils. "What the hell.." Y/n muttered, now noticing a man laying down on the ground face first by the end of the mountain. The man's black hair and blue jacket gave it away.

"Shane?" She asked, looking down at Shane who was completely dead. Shane groaned miserably. "I'm too small and stupid to... to take control of my life..." He muttered, taking a slow sip out of a beer can by his face.

Y/n crouched down, trying to come up with any type of comforting. "Why should I even go on? Tell me... T... Tell me why I shouldn't roll off of this cliff right now..." Shane asked, looking up a bit at Y/n who's eyes widened.

"The- The decision is your own. Just know that I'm here for you." Y/n answered slowly, not wanting to offend Shane. He looked up at her, appreciation in his eyes. "Thanks... I appreciate that... I really do." He smiled weakly at her, making her smile back.

Shane sighed, sitting up slowly and taking another sip of his beer. Y/n walked up to him, sitting down right by his side. "I'm sorry that you had to see me like this.." Shane told her, looking miserably down at his thighs.

Y/n slowly put her hand on his shoulder. "Don't be sorry, Shane. I still see you like a wonderful person. This won't change anything." Y/n said comfortably, making Shane smile a bit more. Shane put an arm around Y/n and pulled her into a quite soaked hug.

Y/n's eyes widened but she hugged him back, feeling Shane's body melt in her arms. Shane sighed, pulling back from the quite short hug. "I suggest you take my to the hospital, Y/n.." He whispered and Y/n nodded, helping him up onto his feet.

"I'll clean this up, Shane. Don't worry." Y/n confirmed as she saw the look Shane gave the mountain of beer cans.

"Thank you again, Y/n.."

Y/n pulled Shane up, holding him securely before leading him to the clinic. They both wobbled into Harvey's room and Shane blacked out in front of them. He fell down onto the floor, making Y/n fall down too. Harvey turned to them with wide eyes.

"Y/n, Shane!" He crouched down, helping Shane onto the bed beside him. Y/n stood up and looked down at Shane. "He was close to rolling off of the cliff... Was all drunk n' miserable..." She explained, turning up to Harvey who was checking the pulse of Shane.

"I'm glad you saved him, Y/n." Harvey said, looking back at Y/n. She smiled and nodded. "I'm glad I was there at the right time. I wouldn't be able to live if he actually did it." Y/n shivered at the thought of Shane dead.

"Y/n. Please take Shane to a counselor in ZuZu City when he wakes up tomorrow. I'm very worried about his mental health right now. I'm frightened that he'll do something worse than this." Harvey informed Y/n seriously, looking at her with stern eyes.

Y/n nodded, looking down at the sleeping Shane. "Well, goodnight." She sighed, saying both to Shane and to Harvey who nodded back at Y/n as a "goodnight". Y/n walked out of the clinic, noticing the moon shining right in her face. 

Her gaze looked down to her basket and remembered the berries that she was gonna make wine and jelly out of. Y/n walked quietly to her farm, humming to a tune she heard in the saloon once.

That night, Y/n slept an hour or less. Her thoughts were going all around, and just about Shane. Shane, Shane, Shane. She was terrified that one day Marnie would tell her that Shane was dead with tears streaming down her face.

Y/n wouldn't be able to handl- She fell asleep. 

The next day as Y/n was gonna walk out to get water to rinse her berries, Shane stood there. He had a sheepish smile and looked at Y/n as she walked out. "Shane!" Y/n said happily. 

"Hi Y/n.. Thanks for yesterday, and I'm taking Harvey's advice and I'm intending to go to counselling. I don't feel safe in my body and they will probably help with that." Shane explained, making Y/n smile. "I'm proud of you, Shane." She muttered, still smiling. 

"By the way, I'm sorry for yesterday." Shane said sheepishly. 

"Shane, I'm glad I was there to help." Y/n answered, making Shane smile with actual appreciation.

"...Yeah, me too." Shane sighed, smiling.