Chapter Three

Everything you have that not everyone has, or only you can have can be used to your advantage in this world.

I agree, Vinny thinks so watching Jay Jo argues with a rude foreign customer in English.

Having lost the patience to understand him, the heterochromatic boy was about to beat the shit out of the rude customer when Jay intercepted timely as if he rehearse for it.

Vinny and everyone in the cafe watched Jay spout words that sound very intellectual in English making the foreigner startled and then he left as if nothing happened.

Although the red-haired boy would rather talk with his fist than resolve the problem with words. Vinny thinks it's ridiculous whenever English-speaking foreigners visit other countries without even learning their basic language and assume that everyone speaks English.

People like them should be banned in Korea, he thought so glaringly at the door where the man exited.

"What did you tell him?" Vinny asks, he places a cheesecake on the table for Jay as thanks for taking care of the commotion. Jay shrugs, busy with his frappe.

"Told him I'll get him deported or something"

"I didn't know you speak English that well"

'you sound really hot'  Vinny wants to add but decided not to. He heard him talk in English before, but it was only two words or three and when Shelly speaks to him in English he usually replied in Korean.

"You can also do that if only you prioritize studying"

"Shut up" Vinny checks the time on his watch, before picking up the tray.

"I'll go get change. Eat this, it's in the house" he says pushing the slice of cheesecake towards Jay and leaving.

Vinny went back behind the counter, he briefly watches Jay eat the cheesecake before going back inside to change his uniform.

He heard his phone notification and quickly checks it. It was an image of cheesecake and half-empty frappe posted by Jay on his IG tagging him and the cafe's IG with an #Cheesecake_and_Frappe #Visit_the_shop. He snickers at the way Jay posts, reminding him of a boomer's first time using social media with all the hashtags and emojis.

"Cute"  he mumbled clicking the like button and stuffing back his phone into his bag.

When he finishes changing, Jay was already waiting outside, bringing his drink with him the other hand holding his bike. "My place or yours?" Vinny ask unlocking the chain connected to his bike and the bike rack frame.

"Mom is home, let's go to yours"

"Unless you want to see my mom?" Jay jokingly says, throwing the empty cup into the trash can and slowing his pace so he can walk beside his man. "I'd rather not"

The two of them smile knowingly at the joke, remembering the one time they got caught with Jay's mom. It was not like they were forbidden to be together but it is awkward to be seen by his mom knowing that she doesn't want her son to be dating yet. Or maybe she just doesn't like Vinny? Who cares anyway, Vinny is already past the phase of wondering whether Jay's family will like him or not. Jay always assure him, and that was enough for him.

"I'm going to re-watch your interview later because I didn't get to finish it"

"Please don't"

"Why not? You look really good in that interview" and he has tons of screenshots of his face saved on his private files.

"It's because Shelly put some makeup on me"

"Well, you won't let her put some on your face anyway if you don't want it"

"It wasn't like that" it wasn't really like that but Jay just can't admit to Vinny that the reason he agrees to put on some light makeup before doing the interview was that she said Vinny will watch.

The raven-haired man is too embarrassed to admit that he wants to look good for Vinny knowing that he just turn down a pretty girl not a long time ago. Jay just wants him to know that it wasn't a wasted opportunity. Now that Jay thinks about it, that was such a dumb reason to be jealous. It wasn't like Vinny do not assure him that he will never look at anyone but Jay.

"Hey!" He was pulled out of his thought when Vinny pulls his shirt back, causing him to stop walking. Jay looks in front to see him almost crashing an electric pole.

"What are you doing?" There was a hint of worries behind an irritated expression, he grabbed Jay until they exchanged positions now Vinny standing beside the road.

"Nothing, sorry I'm tired"

"Well, walk here instead, I'm afraid you might end up crashing to every pole we will pass by" Vinny grabs the other side of Jay's bike with his right hand while the left hand is grabbing the handlebar of his bike.

"I won't"

"Yeah yeah, let's go so you can sleep"

"Cuddle?" They exchange eye contact, Vinny briefly scanning Jay's appearance. He usually has the bitchy look which Minu always mentions but Jay always looks soft for Vinny.

"Sure"

---

Vinny went out of the bathroom after drying his hair to see his boyfriend sleeping on his bed, face plant on the pillow. He notices how his shirt is a little short for the black-haired boy, riding up a little enough to show a little bit of his skin,  the cute pair of dimples on his lower back peeking. It doesn't help that he is wearing short-fitted boxers.

Vinny sat beside him, pulling the shirt below gently, covering the exposed skin. "You're so clumsy sometimes..." Hep softly said, brushing the soft black hair. He took his time looking at Jay's features, something he can't get tired of. He likes them a lot, those thick, long eyelashes, his messy brows, his lips, those pale pink lips that speak an unfiltered word from time to time.

The heterochromatic man stood up after having his fill of "appreciating Jay's sleeping face", he closed the curtain since it was still bright outside, and he charge both their phones, placing them on top of the drawer.

He took off his shirt and climb onto the bed, carefully maneuvering Jay who made a grunting sound before sleeping on his side. Vinny place himself behind Jay, him being the big spoon. He wraps his arms around the raven-haired boy, face placed on top of Jay's head smelling the familiar hair shampoo he always uses.

Vinny likes it a lot — although Shelly might disagree and call him a creep.

He loves seeing Jay wearing his clothes, although sometimes they are a little tight for Jay as the bespectacled boy has more muscles than him, he loves how Jay smells and he loves it better when he smells like Vinny's body soap and shampoo. He likes it a lot when the snobbish man always ends up a blushing mess under Vinny, soft and comfortable with him just like how he is.

The wall he build around his heart as he grew up is worth tearing down if it's for Jay and Jay might not often say what he feels through words, but his actions are enough for Vinny to discard the uncertainties he gets sometimes.

Jay squirms a little, pushing his body towards the warmth he feels, body clashing with his, he intertwined his left hand with Vinny's.

They spent their afternoon sleeping, both sharing warmth with a mix of comfort and young love.

----

Hey! Yes, this author is alive. I'm sorry for this late update, I forgot about this extra chapter I wrote but I never proofread it so it got stuck as a draft. To be honest, this story is supposed to have 1 chapter only with an open ending —basically, it's an ending that doesn't tie loose ends of the story. I didn't know people will like it both here and in AO3 so I decided to write this.

Unfortunately, I don't know when will I be able to up update well as I said this is an open ending. I might update from time to time, with a different timeline of the characters. This is only a fluff though. I just want to read a soft Vin-Jay story.

Thank you to those who waited! I'm happy that despite the actual canon ships, there are still people open to other fan ships.

Stay safe, until next time!

— Ban✨