Chapter Two

"You look tired" Jay points out as he looks at Vinny on the screen.

"Really?" Vinny moves his head forward to see his face on the screen.

"Guess because of the applicants" he mutters.

He's been interviewing applicants to hire for the cafe that will replace Minu and Sung since they were just part-timers that are helping him out. Soon when the team Hummingbird comes back from the competition all the members will go back to the regular training and they will be busy. So far he already has two full-time employees that were previously working under his uncle. He still needs to look for two more since Vinny's mom will be coming back after a month of rest. His mom is healthy enough to watch over the cafe again.

"How's the competition?" He asks, even though he already knows what happened. Dom called them right after the game.

Jay didn't answer but only shows him the medal with his cocky face as if mocking Vinny. There was a time when he just wanna question himself about why he was too smitten over this asshole.

"Next time, don't get too excited so you and Minu can join," Jay says referring to their last regional competition that causes him and Minu to crash, both receiving injuries not too serious but also enough to be prohibited from joining the competition so they can rest.

"Yes, Yes, Your Highness" Jay rolls his eyes but continues watching Vinny works with his paper, before pulling his book to read. It's morning in Korea now, but Vinny has afternoon class, while Jay is preparing to sleep since it's almost midnight.

Video calls once a day have become their thing now. However, tonight Jay was a little fidgety as he keeps looking at Vinny every five minutes. Finally giving up, he flips the page of his book without even reading it and asks,

"I heard a popular idol confessed to you," Jay says trying his best to act as if it doesn't bother him. Of course, he was NOT bothered at all. NOT the reason why he suddenly races as if it was his last during the game, unintentionally beating his record by 2 minutes, crashing down because of the too much speed he couldn't control, and receiving scratches and bruises all over his body. God knows how much Jay wants to finish the game and just go back to Korea and put a fence around Vinny.

"She's not an idol, she's just a student from our university and I rejected her" Vinny explains as he flips his notebook. He looks at the screen to see Jay with his sulky face. Vinny bet Jay is not even aware he can make that kind of expression. Even Vinny is sometimes surprised seeing Jay have other facial expressions other than his default resting bitch face.

"What, are you jealous?" He teases, the other end of his lips twitching up.

"Yes"

"Oh"

Vinny rubs the back of his head with the straightforward answer he receives. He looks back at the screen with Jay's focus now on him.

"You don't have to. She's not even my type"

"So if someone confesses to you that's your type, you'll date them?"

"Maybe" Vinny raises his head, lips smirking as he gazes toward the screen. "If that someone is a 178 tall, black-haired, four-eyed medical organization vice-president in college, a dean's list-er, an ace, has terrible taste in food but is surprisingly a good cook and named Jay Jo. I might accept their confession" because of the dim light, Vinny couldn't see how red Jay's face but he enjoys how much the raven-haired male's usual stoic expression changed to embarrassment, betrayal, and annoyance.

~~

"Technically, you guys are dating— just without a label, just tell those girls you're taken or something so they stop coming at you" Minu comments as he finishes preparing the chairs. Today is Sunday, no classes so he's out here helping the shop for the whole day. Also so he can save up money since he did something stupid again that made his dad freeze his credit card for 2 weeks. 2 weeks is tough for someone who's dating a freaking goddess with tons of admirers. Minu will not let those ugly goblins see even the slightest weakness that will question his position as the most amazing person that deserves to date his gorgeous Mia —or whatever his air-headed mind thinks of.