How To Let Go Of The Past

- Make the decision to let it go
•If you don't make this conscious choice upfront, you could end up self-sabotaging any effort to move on from the past hurt.

- Express your pain
•Express the pain, the hurt that you felt, whether its directly to the other person, or through getting out of your system like:
•Venting to a friend
•Writing in a journal
•Doing so will also help you understand what your hurt is about.

- Stop being the victim and blaming others
•Being the victim feels good, but guess what? The world doesn't care so you need to get over yourself. Your feelings are just one part of this big thing we call life, which is all interwoven and complex. Also messy.

- You need to take responsibility for your own happiness and not put such power into the hands of another person.

- Focus on the present and enjoy
•You can't undo the past, all you can do is make today the best day of your life. When you focus on the here and now, you have less time to think about the past. Its a choice you're making to continue to feel hurt rather than welcoming joy back into your life.

- Forgive them and yourself
•Forgiveness isn't a sign of weakness. Its simply saying,"I'm a good person and you're a good person. You did something that hurt me, but I want to move forward in my life and welcome joy back into it. I can't do that fully until I let this go." Forgiving yourself may be an important part of this step as well, as sometimes we may end up blaming ourselves for the situation or pain. There's no reason you need to keep beating yourself up over it.

Hop this helped. Comment if you need info on something.