Chapter 235: Make Sure She Doesn't Die

Joel was a little surprised at the question. He answered, “She’s inside the Quinn School of Martial Arts.”

Was Uncle Ian going to acknowledge her and bring her back to the Smiths?

As soon as the thought formed, the man said, “Oh.”

Joel, “…”

He kept quiet for a while before he said, “She seems to have offended Paul Quinlan, but with Justin Hunt’s ties to the Quinn School of Martial Arts, they won’t do anything to her… Do we intervene?”

Ian stayed silent for a very long while. In the end, he sneered, “With Justin Hunt protecting her, why would she need us?”

Joel could hear the displeasure in his words. However, when he thought of the DNA test report, he didn’t dare to say anything.

Just when he thought Ian was going to hang up, Ian said, “… But the Smiths are not to be bullied. Don’t let her die.”

Joel breathed a sigh of relief. “Okay.”

Joel spaced out for a moment after he hung up.

By right, he wasn’t really friends with Nora. Added to this, Ian’s attitude toward her, as well as how hurtful her existence was to Ian, it would make more sense if he looked forward to something happening to Nora instead.

So, why had he actually breathed a sigh of relief just now?

Was it because…

He looked at Tanya, who was listening to music and playing games in the jeep in front. Was it because of her?

He didn’t want to make her sad, so he didn’t want anything to happen to her best friend… After all, that woman had always been stubborn and withdrawn since she was a child, so she barely had any friends.

It wasn’t easy for her to have a best friend whom she could trust with her life.

The moment the thought formed, Joel leaned back against the backseat again, suddenly losing the desire to get out of the car.

Indeed, she had always been withdrawn since she was a child. Her world consisted only of herself, so why would she even care about him? Hadn’t she also mercilessly left him back then?

Joel lowered his gaze and suddenly said, “Let’s go home.”

The chauffeur was taken aback. “Mr. Smith?”

Joel closed his eyes. “It suddenly occurred to me, I have a meeting. Come back and pick up the two children after you send me back.”

“Yes, sir.”

Tanya was in the driver’s seat when the Smiths’ car passed by the jeep. Perhaps because she had been dancing since she was a child, she subconsciously kept her posture straight and upright even when she was slumped into the seat.

As though she had suddenly sensed something, she turned her head, but all she saw was just the rear of the Smiths’ car.

She didn’t say anything but only lowered her head instead.

Paul was thrown out of the Quinn School of Martial Arts by Lucas and a few other disciples of the sect in the end.

As Nora had fed him a pill, he felt sore and weak all over and was unable to exert any strength.

No one knew what the pill was. All Nora said was that it wouldn’t kill him, but would make sure that he would never be able to use any of the martial arts he had learned from the Quinn School ever again.