YEAR IV | Secret Revealed

Ever since Rylie admitted her secrets to Remus and Sirius the three marauders got closer. In the end, Rylie told James and Peter everything she told Remus and Sirius, except for any parts that involved Lily. As much as Lily ruined her life she didn't want James' heart to get broken from her actions.

From that moment she changed, for the better. Rylie was much happier. She was always smiling; she looked like a timeless art piece to others. Students would always catch her humming or dancing around in corridors. Something that none of the students opposed.

Although no one else in the school would ever be close to the Marauder Queen as the marauder boys, they enjoyed seeing her happy.

Her mood affected many of the students around her. Not forcefully but reactively. She was many students' beacon, the light in their day. They always saw her determined and strong. So, when they saw how dejected she was her third year they didn't know how to take it. A lot of the younger years were sad and worried for the girl, including the professors. However, her sadness was quickly overcome with the help of her boys.

They helped build her self-confidence and self-esteem. This realization made the group of five grow closer. They always were in sync like a chaotic but also as a mesmerizing song or a painting that was filled with all kinds of colors. That was the marauders. They were a beautiful mess, however, they were a perfect mess together.

However, with her secrets out some of the rest of the group came out as well. Sirius revealed his home life, describing something similar to Rylie's own life. The only one who wasn't confident to share his secret quite yet was Remus Lupin.

The rest of the group knew he was hiding something, but never pushed him into telling. They wanted him to tell them under his terms. They saw the scars, they saw how ill he got on every month. They knew that his secret was big, but it was also important. It was something only he could tell.

This week was something the group of five had always gone through. It was something they would always predict for. During this week Remus's health declined. He barely ate and was always silent. He didn't even indulge himself in his books, further worrying his best friends. He would often zone out, going into his own world.

Then one night, the night Remus went missing again every month, the marauders used their map to find him.

"There he is! He's in the infirmary!" James exclaimed. Sirius and Peter held faces of confusion while Rylie showed nothing.

"Alright let's go then!" Sirius commanded, dragging the other boys along while Rylie slowly followed behind them. She always wondered how her boys were always so hyper. Sometimes it concerned her to the point that she thought of bringing them to St. Mungos.

When they arrived at the infirmary neither of them was ready for what they saw when they found Remus. Horrified looks appeared on the boy's faces when they saw the sleeping werewolf, Rylie's filled with worry. She quickly made her way toward one of her older brother's figures and sat next to his injured body. Bandages wrapped around different areas of his body, blood seeping into each of them. The boys were quick to arrive at Remus's side as Rylie brushed his hair out of his face.

Remus started to slowly shift around slowly waking up to his friends' faces close to his own, other than Rylie who rolled her eyes at the boy's actions. Remus lets out a loud 'yelp' in surprise and accidentally punches Peter in the face.

"Ow!" He exclaimed, clenching his hand around his nose while James and Sirius laughed at Peter's pain. Remus looks apologetically at his injured friend as Rylie starts to heal him.

"There you go Pete," She said as she finished healing him.

"Thanks, Ry," Peter thanked, removing his hand from his nose.

"Sorry Peter," Remus said apologetically, earning a wide smile from Peter in response. At this point, the laughing boys calmed their hysterics and watched the scene in front of them.

"Are you okay Rem?" Sirius asked worriedly, the others waiting in anticipation for his answer.

Remus chuckles at his friend's worrying faces, feeling lucky to have the 4 as friends. They had always been there for him, unknowingly putting up with him every full moon. James and Sirius would try to make him laugh, Peter would give him lots of chocolates, and at the Black Lake (or Great Lake) Rylie would read to him with his head in her lap. They all in their own ways would find a way to make him smile.

"Never better" Remus responded with a content smile.

~~~

For the past couple of weeks, Remus thought about his condition. For weeks he thought about whether or not he should tell his best friends. For weeks he would try, but end up back out in fear of their judgment. However, he would always find himself coming back again to tell them.

The group of five were laying out next to the Black Lake. Sirius and James tackle and mess around with each other, Peter eating sandwiches while watching the two in admiration, along with Rylie reading to Remus who was laying on her lap.

This was how each of their days was, content and happy. They were all in sync with themselves and each other, creating memories with every small thing they do. At this moment Remus knew it was time.

"Guys I have something to tell you" Remus started randomly. Sirius and James stopped playing around and made their way toward Remus. Peter stopped eating and shifted his attention to him, and Rylie slowly closed her book and set it down beside her. Remus took his head out of her lap and sat up.

"Y-You know h-how I disappear f-for a-awhile every month?" He asked timidly, scared of his friend's reactions after what he was going to say. The other four only nod in response with Rylie smiling at Remus with an encouraging smile.

"W-well I'm a werewolf" He bluntly stated, wanting to get the point out and over with.

The boys look at him in surprise and shock, however, their expressions soon change into grins of excitement.

"Woah really?" James exclaimed, intrigued by his friends' secret. Remus looks at the four in front of him in surprise, especially at Rylie who hadn't reacted at all.

"Wait you're not scared? And why are you so calm about this Ry?" He asked in confusion.

"I've known since second year Remmy and no we're not scared. You are you, and we love you the way you are. Werewolf or not." She said warmly. Remus sat in his spot in shock. Rylie knew of his secret since the second year and she never changed the way she acted around him if anything they got closer unknowingly, however, in a way he wasn't surprised she already knew. She was the smartest witch of all in Hogwarts.

"Yeah, we love you!" James exclaimed agreeing with Rylie, along with Sirius and Peter nodding frantically in agreement. Remus started to tear up as the boys started to declare their love for him.

Rylie watched the four boys with a content smile. It was times like this when she appreciates life the most. Although she was still in pain, it was worth it if these boys were by her side. It was worth all the abuse. It was worth all the heartbreak. It was worth all the pain because these four boys made her forget it all. They helped past it. They made her smile. They made her laugh. They helped make Rylie Crystal Davis.