YEAR II | Her Dream

Once again, a new pair of bruises painted Rylie Davis's skin as she joined her friends on the train back to Hogwarts. Fortunately, for her, the injuries were in areas that were easy for her to hide. The marks on her arms were protected with long sleeves that could be explained due to the weather, which could also cover up the bruises on her stomach.

"Hey, boys!" She greeted with a wave, "How were your guy's holidays?" She asked as she sat down in the compartment.

As promised, the boys never forgot about her. Remus always made time to talk to her when they were studying or reading, sharing facts, and glimpses of the stories that they were reading. Peter made sure to spend time with her when she was alone, just providing her with the comfort that someone was there for her. Usually, Sirius and James would hang out with her together, not that they couldn't alone. It was just unusual to see them apart, however, when she was with them she could always manage to let out a genuine laugh. The five of them were called the marauders. They were seen as different from the others, a sort of popularity. They were always included in mischief and would cause trouble daily. For the most part, it was James and Sirius, but the other three would join occasionally.

Each of the five had something unique about them that made them, them. James was the eccentric funny part of the group who was able to make anyone laugh, Sirius was the flirt who had the ability to woo the ladies but secretly was soft and sweet, Peter was the adorable and innocent character who could make anyone awe at his sweetness, Remus was the mediator the one who would control and watch over the group like a parent, last but not least, there was Rylie.

Rylie was the only female in the group of boys who intrigued anyone who knew of the marauders. She was famous for many things, but one of them was for her silent beauty. It wasn't the type to make someone hungry and lustful for; no, it was the type where you were enchanted by her graceful scene. Anything she did seemed to be enchantingly perfect, captivating many of the students around her. Not only was she beautiful, but she was highly intelligent. She knew the answer to everything. However, she was always humble about it. Never did she overbear her answers, never did she try to "take the spotlight" Rylie was the elegant, sophisticated, and motherly part of the group. She was the "Marauder Queen," a title that she was still not aware of.

Remus's face scrunched up when he saw the mark on Rylie's wrist as she waved, ignoring the question she asked afterward.

"Ry what's on your wrist?" He asked, ignoring the question she asked. The boys turned to look at her wrist, concern laced in their faces.

Instantly, Rylie tugged on her sleeves, "Nothing, I just fell down. You know how clumsy I can get." she quickly said, hoping for him not to continue asking.

Remus only hummed unsurely in response, but otherwise dropped the conversation. Noticing the tension in the air, Sirius quickly made an attempt to fix it by answering Rylie's previous question, starting a dialogue between the three boys while Remus read a book constantly and Rylie watched the view outside.

Rylie knew that the boys were getting suspicious. She knew that she was actually not clumsy if anything she rarely even tripped even if it was intentional. Her excuses for being clumsy wouldn't work for long and she knew it, but she couldn't let them know about what was going on at home.

Rylie's family wasn't the greatest out there, however, it wasn't the worst, at least in her mind it was. Rylie came from a long line of Ravenclaws. Luckily for her, blood purity wasn't a huge deal in the family, however, being in the Ravenclaw house was. They would literally beat the belief on her in which bruises were the result. Her normal day with her family was full of posh expectations, yelling, and lots of punishments. It was the one place that Rylie never wanted to be.