𓍼 XV ; last.

Sunghoon left her alone, on her porch crying without giving care about anything. She was stupid, stupid for leaving him fighting over his feelings alone and making his life a pure mess. "I am sorry, Sunghoon." She sniffed as she wiped her tears away, getting up from her porch.

Walking towards the school, her mind was empty trying to put everything back in place, as she wanted. "Be strong, Ana."
That's what Sunoo always says to you, kissing your hands.

Sunoo didn't come to school for the past few weeks. He was laying on the bed fighting over the pain that suddenly took over his body as he couldn't get up from the warmth of it. "Why now..." Someone entered his room, with the saddest expression over his face.

"Sunoo, you should stop fighting over your life." He turned around knowing that the doctor was here with him, he sighed rubbing his eyes as he wiped the tears away. "Not now, please. I need to love her more." He was desperate.

The doctor chuckled, patting his head, as he took his hand. After years here Sunoo became the son he never had in his life, and the younger was grateful for that. "We can call her. She can sleep here." Sunoo smiled through his tears nodding his head, at that moment all he needed was her.

At that moment, Ana felt empty without meeting him for weeks. Everyone was leaving like she experienced in the past. "I hate it.." She sighed as Yuna stroked her hair from behind.

"Ana, you should relax, finals can wait for you to sleep enough." She shook her head, lifting it up as she opened the book and read it for the second time. "I need to finish it."

" Yun Ana? I am Lim Junsuh, Kim Sunoo's doctor. He asked you to come right now."

Ana was confused, why would a doctor call her to see Sunoo? What he did to end up in the hospital, she packed up and ran towards the hospital where Sunoo was resting inside his room.
Ana was alone, as the tears couldn't stop from falling over her face, things weren't working properly.

In the bus, Ana was looking away, recalling this moment where Sunoo was confused but managed to talk to her. She laughed through her tears, whispering to herself, "Silly Sunoo."

"May I help you?" She flashed her with the brightest smile on her face waiting for Ana to talk for the second time. "I am Yun Ana, I am here for Kim Sunoo." The secretary nodded, indicating the number of his room, this place she hates beyond everything else.

With a hand upon the doorknob, her heart was too heavy to face the moment, Ana hated this place for reminding her of her forgotten past. She slides the door open, revealing a Sunoo she never knew she'd see in her life, sleeping with his pale face of his.

She smiled at the thought of being close to him, Ana sat down on the chair behind his bed taking his hands in hers and gently leaving pecks on it. "Sun, you're here finally." He turned around, knowing that she was there, after long weeks alone.

"Ana, come here." Sunoo wanted to scent her perfume, his amber. She snuggled into his arms as he stroked her long hair, that warmth they both missed these past weeks alone.

"Sun, what happened to you?" She asked as her head was on his chest, intertwining their fingers together, he sighed. "Ana, are you already aware of my state?" She nodded, not having the strength enough to look at his face.

"Why you, Sunoo? Why do you have to suffer like this?" Her voice was shaking, playing with his fingers as she lifted her body from the tight hug. "That's life, and I deserve it."

You don't, Sunoo. You don't deserve it. We fell in love with each other for some reason, and you were there for me. There's no way you're leaving me alone, not when we have to get married.

"Married? So Yun Ana wants me to be her husband?" Despite his weak body, Sunoo was always there to cheer up the mood inside the room, as he coughed.

"What's the meaning of soulmates? Sunoo, we recognized each other through a single eye contact." He agreed with that, as he sat up on the bed looking fondly at her.

I'll marry you in our next life, I'll make you the happiest person ever on this earth. Ana, I'll even be the most annoying father for our children. I fell in love with you, and wanting you more was the best decision ever.

"Stop it, Sunoo. It's already hard to swallow everything." She sat back on a chair leaning against the backrest, she was his favorite person, Ana stayed there for the night taking care of Sunoo for the last time, before letting him go like he asked her.

I will protect you from above, but promise to love only me for the remaining time here. I will always love you Yun Ana. You're it, you're my favorite person.

He smiled, sharing the perfect kiss she could ask, full of love mixed with pleasure, but their last kiss. Kim Sunoo owned her, Ana was his.

"Miss? Wake up." Ana opened her eyes, meeting an empty room without Sunoco on his bed as she got up from the chair she was sitting on, "Where is he? Where did Sunoo go?" She pointed at the empty bed, tears falling on her face, the doctor looked down patting her shoulder.

"We're sorry, Sunoo did not survive the night." Ana chuckled bitterly, falling down on her knees as she laughed out of anger, "He was with me last night? How unfair the world is with him..."

Months turned into a year, Ana successfully made it out of college as she graduated without him like they promised.
She was walking towards the graveyard, alone under the rain.
Ana became the woman Sunoo wished her to be, like he said in his last letter.

" — Dear my amber,

Words aren't good for me to write about, but I am here to say that despite not being with you, cuddling you. I am proud of who you became, you graduated and will live the happiest life.
I, Sunoo, will take you as my wife. You better accept or I'll make your life a pure hell, Yun Ana.
ᄏᄏ, just kidding. It was our amber romance, we succeeded to be loved by each other. I'll love you forever."

Ana sat down, on the grass stroking the few pics they took together, as she smiled putting down the flowers she earned today. "Sun, I made it."

What it means to love, it means to feel happier with your comfort character, and she was happy, and forever be thankful to him for loving her like never did.
She looked up at the sky, as the droplets of water fell on her face, she smiled.

"Ana, let's go home." She opened her eyes, meeting Sunghoon who was back months ago after his death as he took care of her, Ana was happy to have him back by her side like before, he'll always be there for her.
Sunghoon shoved the umbrella above her head warming up with his coat.

"Yes, let's go home."

Two souls don't find each other by simple accident, it was meant to be.

the end ,

ara's notes ,
thank you for loving amber romance!