The Question

Chapter 2!!!! Hehehehe!

Chapter Two: The Question

I woke up to icy water being poured over me. My eyes shot open as I sat up. My wild eyes darted around the room, my hand reaching for the dagger under my pillow. Finally, my eyes landed on Skylar, the Golden Girl.

"Skylar What. The. Actual. Hell." I snapped. Why the hell is she dumping water on me.

"Wake up loser! We have to get to the academy, and you, you have chores." She sassed, her blonde hair perfectly straight. I glared at her my eyes darkening slightly.
"You better pray to the Lord saying thank you, because I have great control over my anger issues now." I growled. I have control over them now, but that doesn't mean I won't lose control, on purpose. It took long years of discipline to manage my anger, and it was all thanks to Lady Jasmine.

"Whatever, you're weak. Like you could do anything." She sassed before walking out. I was tempted to push her down the stairs and make it look like an accident. I won't of course, cause I'm an actual good person. I rolled out of bed, sighing. God I can't wait to leave this place. I dried my hair with a towel and brushed it. MJ always loved my hair. She said it was crimson brown coloring that looked fiery red in the sun. She said my most defining feature was my eyes. They were a stormy grey, with a dark green ring around them. I would have to agree with her. My outfit consisted of, a bleached black and grey shirt, black pants, and my signature red leather jacket. Apparently, it was my mom's, I wouldn't know though. It wasn't an over-the-top red, it was more of a darker red.

I walked out of my room with my black sling backpack. If you couldn’t tell I like the color black. I went down the stairs and ignored getting breakfast. Breakfast is overrated anyways. I rushed to get to MJ's house, we always walk to the Academy together. I darted through the crowded streets, enjoying the sounds of our small bustling town. I got to MarryJoes house quickly, my hair slightly frizzy from the wind. I smiled seeing her come outside.

"Heyy MJ!" I said smiling at her. She smiled back at me.

"Hey Kita, you look nice! How did you sleep?" MJ asked, limping towards me.

"Girl, you look gorgeous. I slept amazing until Skylar pored ice-cold water on me." I said, still annoyed about this morning. Just the mention of Skylar made my nose crinkle. Skylar is everything I’m not, a giant girly-girl.

"Awe I'm sorry Kita. But you already know she's a bully. Just ignore her." MJ said, hugging me. I grinned and hugged her back; MJ is too pure for this world.

"You're right MJ, hey who knows maybe today you will find a girl attractive today." I said, changing the topic and teasing her. She blushed slightly as we walked towards the academy.

"I already find someone attractive." She mumbled. I gasped dramatically and turned to her, pausing in the middle of the sidewalk causing some elderly people to grumble and walk around. I shook MaryJoes shoulders.

"Whoo?! And why is this the first time I'm hearing of this!!" I asked dramatically.

"Well, I was nervous to tell you.. But uhmm.. It’s… It's Selena." She stuttered out. My eyes widened. Selena? The new girl? I mean she is pretty. She has a pixie cut, her hair is black. She has green eyes. Selena talks with an accent as well.

"Oooo, my baby is growing up!" I cheered. She laughed at me. "So should your ship name be SaryJoe or Melena?" I asked teasingly, we continued down the busy roads.

"Oh my god. We aren't even dating Kita!" MJ whined, her cheeks flushing in embarrassment.

"Yet. You two aren't dating yet!" I said emphasizing the word ‘yet’. She just groaned shaking her head. I grinned at her. She deserves to be happy. Now time to threaten Selena.