ONE

CONTENTS:

-- 001
Unfortunate Princess

-- 002
Humiliation

-- 003
Her Choice

+------------------------------ +
0 0 1
Unfortunate Princess

"Make way! For the Emperor of Obelia, His Majesty, Claude de Alger Obelia!!" They introduced from the high tower of the gates of the kingdom along with the loud trumpets, signaling everyone in the town. "And his beloved daughter! The crowned princess, Athanasia de Alger Obelia!!"

The town cheered, gathering around but making sure they make way for the carriage that would arrive. They all forgot all that they were doing and ran to see their beloved royal family coming back home after a week of staying in Arlanta for political reasons.

"The princess is coming home!"

"Our emperor!!"

"Welcome home!!"

The was a quiet and peaceful town celebrated, throwing confetti all over the place as if it were a festival.

The royal family arrived, riding a golden carriage that's almost the size of a normal house with beautiful white geldings leading the ride towards the palace. Through the window, they can see two silhouettes from the inside, the emperor and the princess were there.

From the inside, the princess shrugged on her seat, wanting to see her people cheering for her, welcoming her happily and warmly as if they are family. Her jeweled eyes brighten at the sight.

As she was about to touch the curtain to open and let her show herself to her beloved people, she heard her father mutter, "Don't open the curtains, it's too bright..." He said with a cold voice that almost sent shivers up to her spine.

The princess sulks and lets go of the curtain, despite the pain in her back, she remained sitting elegantly, like how a princess should be. She forced a smile and nodded. "My apologies, father."

Her father didn't answer, his eyes closed, going back to his sleep. The princess was alone again in boredom, afraid that if she move an inch or even let out a sigh, she would wake her father up.

Her father is pretty sensitive when he is sleeping as if there's someone's trying to murder him which won't happen because he has a protective seal around him that if there's someone who has a killing intent close to him it would immediately react and attack the person. She still doesn't know why her father is still acting cautiously around his surroundings.

Why is the carriage so slow...? She thought, feeling herself getting drowsy from the sound of the horse's hooves clapping on the pebbled ground, erasing the loud cheers of the townspeople.

Her drowsy eyes moved back to the curtain-covered window, almost sighing as she is still conscious about her father sleeping across her. She could see their silhouettes from the outside, still cheering for them on the top of their lungs.

They were happy to see me... But why do I feel so empty?

"Princess?"

Athanasia blinked out from her wave of thoughts, finding herself sitting on a desk holding a pen. She looked up, seeing a brunette maid staring down at her with worry with a tray of fresh Lippe tea in hand.