December

Chap 1- December

It was the year 2156.

50 years since the beginning of the third World War.

20 years since the Order took over.

10 years since children and teenagers were allowed to communicate.

According to the Order my name is Elise Harrington. Elise was my name given to me at birth by my parents and our Order representative. Harrington is our subsection.

My parents were always a part of the Opposers, the rebel forces against the Order, but they died in an annual raiding. Since the years of raiding, the Opposers have become smarter. They only let teenagers join (though old members are permitted to stay), because they are not allowed to communicate anyways. There is no way we can slip up and tell someone our location, identities, and assignments.

It has been 6 years since my parents died that day.

My Order representative come to my house one afternoon and said my parents had been a part of suspicious happenings and had to be executed. I was taken to an Enclosure for Possible Opposers, basically like a mental hospital, except any child there was not mental. They just had rebellious parents, and the Order wanted to keep us from growing up to be like them.

Yeah, right.

After 6 months of living in that awful place, there was a bombing on our location. Thankfully, the bombing was by the Opposers, and it was to get us out. Only a quarter of the kids made the escape with them. Another quarter died and half of them were transported by the Order to a different location. I was one of the lucky ones. A man that called himself A.C was my rescuer. He was a big, burly man with a scruffy beard. I was 12 when he saved me, and ever since he has been like a father to me.

Now I live under the ground. In huge, modern bases that we have made over the years. Most of the time, I remain underneath the Harrow subsection, just a few sections over from Harrington. As an Opposer, I go by the name December, the month I was rescued.

Ever since I was rescued, I have climbed the ranks of the Opposers. From Refugee to Trainee, to Private, to Special Operations. There was nothing left of my life on the top side of the ground, so at an early age I figured I'd devote it to those who'd saved it.

It's a good life, I'd say. Many of us grew up together, struggled together, trained together. Our mission is to liberate the former "free world" that is now under Order jurisdiction. Their control spans over most of Old Canada and Old East Coast, going not to far inland. We don't quite know what is on the other side of the borders. That's how the Order maintains their control, you see. Under-educate the people, place harsh restrictions, baby the populations so they have no motive to fight it. The third world war divided the Old Americas, and the people got to choose which side they belonged in, those of distinct moral values, and those who wanted to be left alone. My grandparents made the mistake of siding with the Order, back then a wonderful cause, I'm sure. I suppose it developed over the years into the monster it is today. It is our job to rid the world of it's presence.