05

****

"Everyone else is already gone with their new teachers, and Iruka-sensei is also gone too! Why is our teacher the only late one?" Naruto grumbled, sticking his head out the classroom door, his eyes scanning the corridors.

Team 8 and Team 10 had left ages ago, while they were still waiting for their tardy sensei.

Sasuke was lost in thought while Sakura read her book attentively. It might be quite ironic that she actually found this book very descriptive and compelling, whilst Naruto had just decided to pull a childish prank.

He pulled a stool to the door and slipped the blackboard eraser at the crack of the door, snickering mischievously. It managed to catch Sakura's attention as she left her seat to observe Naruto.

"What are you doing?" She queried, hugging her book. Naruto looked to Sakura and grinned widely. "It's his punishment for being late, heh!" Naruto hopped off the stool and placed it back at it's original place.

"Hmph. What makes you think a jōnin is going to fall for such childish things?" Sasuke commented on Naruto's tomfoolery. "He's not wrong, Naruto. Jōnins are really elite ninja..." Sakura muttered, leaning her back against Sasuke's desk.

Before she opened her book once more, a presence made itself known.

A spiky silver haired man wearing a flak jacket, dark blue pants and a shirt with folded long sleeves. He also wore fingerless gloves with metal plates on the backhand and a hitai-ate that covered his left eye. The moment he poked his head in, it was met with the wrath of the blackboard eraser.

"Ahahaha, I got him! I got him!" Naruto cackled playfully, pointing at the frozen jōnin. "I can't believe that actually worked.." Sakura blurted under her breath unconsciously, her hand covering her mouth.

Are you serious? Is he an actual jōnin? Sasuke shut his eyes and whispered in his mind, likemindedly surprised. The jonin stepped into the classroom closer to his students.

"Hmm, how do I say this? My first impression of you all is... I hate you," He hummed, rubbing his chin expressionlessly. Naruto and Sakura were distraught at his apathetic statement, while Sasuke was indifferent as he developed an opinion of their new teacher.

The three were brought to the building's rooftop where they sat at the small staircase, while the jōnin sat on the roof's railing. "Alright, let's begin then. First, introduce yourselves," He folded his arms together, gazing at the three students.

"What should we say?" Sakura queried, full of curiosity. "Well.. things you like, things you don't like, your future dreams, your hobbies, things like that," He replied conveniently. The trio thought for a second before Naruto stepped in.

"Hey, before that, why don't you introduce yourself first, sensei?" Naruto requested fascinatedly. "Me? I'm Hatake Kakashi," He pointed to himself, this time also with a dead expression.

"I won't tell you guys what I like or dislike. I don't have a dream. I have many hobbies..." Kakashi trailed off in his thoughts. The three of them all thought he was sort of peculiar.

In the end, all we know is his name, Sakura uttered in her mind, hugging her book close to her chest. "Next is you guys. Let's start with you," He averted his gaze to Naruto, who cheerily begun his introduction.