viii

- SAD TIMES -

Mind Flayer, El, fireworks, Billy, blood, everything goes in slow motion, Billy being staved, can't breath

I woke up breathing hard, today is July 3rd of 1988 and I think I'm loosing my mind

I couldn't sleep good so my face didn't seem that well, I remember that I'm suppose to go to the quarry with the boys at 12:30 pm I look at the clock and said 11:50 "shit" I muttered I change and grab some money, I head downstairs, grab my skateboard and leave.

I was arriving when I fall asleep skating and fell down "oh my god! Are you alright?" Someone said I got up and said "yes I just didn't see where I was going" I said cleaning my clothes I look up and saw Beverly with her new hair cut "Bev, wow I really like, your hair" I said "Oh thanks Max" she said with a smile "Is everything alright?" She asked me looking me in the eyes "yeah" I said "Common Max I just saw you, you fall asleep and you fell, and you have a bruise in your face, it's ok if you don't want to tell me I know telling the truth seems hard sometimes" she give me a warm smile which I return then I remember that I forgot my swimsuit "shit" I said "what" Beverly said "I forgot my swimsuit" I said while grabbing my face "it's okay you can swim in underwear" she said "underwear?" I asked with a shocked face "yes both are the same you've got nothing below it" I just raise my shoulders and start walking with her.

We were arriving to the spot and we heard the boys screaming "Common you go first!" Richie said "We'll go" Bev said looking at me and taking off her dress I took of my jeans, t-shirt and sweatshirt shit I hope they don't see any of my scars, bruises or burns...

Then Bev took my hand and start running with me "Jump!" She scream and I jump "What the fuck?!" I heard Richie said before I splash into the water I stay there underwater for a moment enjoying the silence until... - Mind Flayer, El, fireworks, Billy, blood, everything goes in slow motion, Billy being staved, can't breath - then someone pull me up I open my eyes and saw Bill "a-a-are you alright?" He asked with a concerned face "yeah, thanks" I said then he moved his eyes from my eyes to my cheek and then to my shoulder were I had a scar "wh-what happen?" He asked "mmm I fell down" I said trying to lie, I think he realize that I didn't want to talk about it and let it slide.

After swimming for hours but seem like minutes we were drying with the sun, Bev was laying in a towel still in underwear, and well me? Just as we get out I out I put on my oversized t-shirt.

While all the boys where staring at Bev I was sitting at the edge of the cliff, I was touching my wrists feeling the scars of the last months same with my arms I felt vulnerable, I have lost everything The Party, Billy, My parents, James... I grab my sweatshirt to put it on when I felt something in the pocket I slid in my hand and took out a photo...

 I grab my sweatshirt to put it on when I felt something in the pocket I slid in my hand and took out a photo