ii

-ARRIVING-

Mind Flayer, El, fireworks, Billy, blood, everything goes in slow motion, Billy being staved, can't breath

"Maxine!" I open my eyes catching my breath then I look to my mum "Welcome to Derry" she said with a bright smile I just nodded and look through the window to see how it was "Great another shitty town" I mumble.

We arrive to the new house I stay in the car until Neil tap the window making a sign to come out, I sighed then I open the car door and step outside, my mom was already taking all the boxes down from the truck "Come on Maxine look the house choose your room" I walk into the house without saying nothing, I look at it well it was bigger and better than the last one I step in and went upstairs I check out the three bedrooms that it had, two of them had their own bathroom and the other one was more like an studio, I chose the smallest one of the two that had their own bathrooms, "Maxine! Come downstairs to take your stuff" I heard my mum yelled I rolled my eyes and went to the truck.

When I was walking to the truck I catch a group of boys looking at me I raised an eyebrow and they just stop staring and go away riding their bikes "weird" I said to myself.

It was late at night I haven't finish unpacking but I was hungry so I run downstairs to see that my mom was opening a bag of Chinese food she saw me and said "Oh, hello dear would you please set the table we are going to eat dinner" I nodded and start setting the table, after a few minutes Neil came downstairs and just sit down I hated his stupid attitude "Sit" he said and my mom and I sit down we were going to start eating when Neil punch the table which make me and my mom jump "What is this?" he ask I know what was coming "WHAT IS THIS?!" and the next thing he threw the plate across the room I shut my eyes "I don't want to eat that go and make me something else" he order and my mom without saying anything just stand up and went to the kitchen leaving me and Neil alone "So... Maxine... school is going to start" he said "Yes" I said in a low level "You better do perfect ok? If not you know the punishment right?" I nodded "RIGHT?!" "Yes..." I said a little more high "Yes... what Maxine?" he asked "Yes sir" I said with the same volume, and out of nowhere he grabbed me by the hair and scream "SPEAK LOUDER MAXINE LOUDER" and then he gave me a slap which cause to be in the floor "Get up" he ordered, I do it fast then his face approach to my my face until our faces were inches apart "If I don't see perfect grades you will assume the consequences" he said "Yes sir" I said loud enough this time "Good" he said and then sit down again my mom came rushing with new food for him and he started eating I sit down again because I knew that if went to my room without eating it was gonna be worse the punishment, since Billy died Neil had being more aggressive towards my mom and I he has been drinking non stop which was harder to control himself.