Unended Story

Hello, it's Mei-Su. Been a while. I forgot before, but I do not own Mo Dao Zu Shi, nor do I own the concept of time traveling. The plot is all mine though... But let's not waste more time and let's start with the chapter.

Here we go...

Chapter 7 :             Unended Story

When Wei WuXian opened his eyes, a flash of light passed through his lashes, and he closed them back immediately. After the light quickly came sounds, alerted voices ringing in his mind and calling his name. He took the risk to be blinded again, but this time no light, just the blur of his vision. By now he could see figures standing above himself, although he didn't recognise them right away because of his confusion.

When his memories came back to him in a deafening drum bit, he shot upward, alarm raging in his mind. He frantically scanned the room he was in, which was actually his cavern. Only then did he take notice of the few people watching over him, looking quite relieved. Fear slowly faded away, backing down on the side, waiting for something to happen...

- Hey, man, you made us quite the fright, you know ?

- Xian-gege's awake ? Are you okay ? Are you feeling hurt somewhere ?

- Hey, get away a bit, I have to check him up.

The last one was Wen Qing, she made her way to him, previously laying on the table-like rock. She asked him a few questions as she took his pulse. However, he was barely listening, all his attention directed on the still vague purple clad figure standing afar. Did he know ? Did he discover ? As soon as he saw the exasperated look in Jiang Cheng's eyes, he was sure his secret was still unrevealed. He breathed out a short relieved sight.

- I'm fine, Wen Qing. What happened ?

- Fine is a great word, Wei WuXian ! You lost consciousness on the flight to come here. Good thing the villagers guided Jiang Cheng to my tent, or you would be with the other in the blood pool by now ! With the hindrance, he was so late that we had the time to join him ! You were almost dead, thank me on your knees once you can get up without a shiver ! I did my best, and you your worst ! I'm never letting you go alone again. It'll be complete rest for a m-week !

The patient smiled fondly at her rambling. Even though she was furious, she didn't forget to cover him up in front of his brother. Of course, his recovery would be painfully longer without his golden core. He might even have to sit straight for two months depending of Wen Qing's worries. He didn't really mind though. He knew he couldn't afford the recklessness anymore. After all, he was just another ordinary human... Cursed human.

- Xian-gege is sad ?

A jolt shook his body and he looked up to the little figure standing innocently before him. He immediately put on a smile for the kid and took him in his arms to make him fly.

- Of course not ! How could I have the time to even be sad when this little radish of mine decided to make his way down the mountain to be eaten by the bad guys ? Hm, tell me, who is the mean boy who disobeyed his big brother ?

- Hey ! the boy defended himself with a pout. If it weren't for me, Xian-gege would have still been sleeping right now !

- He has a point, Wen Qing insisted, arms crossed on her chest.

- Well, he has... But more importantly, little one, since when did you start talking like a big one ?

He put down the toddler who hugged his leg with a wide proud beam, as he explained in his own ways :