Jiang sect leader

Hello, it's me again. I'm here with a new chapter, chapter 5, which happens to be with... you know who. I hope the meeting of our A-Yuan with the  left pride of Yunmeng... What do you think will happen ? There, there : here it goes ! Enjoy !

Chapter 5 :         Jiang sect leader

- Please ! I want to go ! I want to go ! Qing-Jiejie, pretty please, bring -A-Yuan with you !

The woman, tired of the endless cries of the kid, took her forehead between her fingers, letting out a small sigh. Even if she wanted to, she couldn't bring him, for the reason she herself wasn't allowed to go, for her safety. However, she couldn't explain it to the child. Even if he understood, he was way too mischevous ! He would inevitably find a way to convince her to sneak out of Burial mounds to ensure Wei WuXian safety.

It's not that she didn't want to go but... If she was, who would take care of Wen Ning, her dead brother ? Wei WuXian had turned him into a fierce corpse only a few days ago, and he was now sealed in the back of the cave, covered in so many talismans... Trust but check anyway. Wen Qing believed in Wei WuXian's abilities to control it, but she should stay just in case something went wrong.

- No.

- You can't do this to A-Yuan ! What if Xian-gege never comes back again ?

She flinched. She knew Wen Yuan didn't mean that kind of thing, but the idea Wei WuXian could die terrified her. If he did, there would be no one able to protect her clan. And... Maybe she liked this kid a bit, also. If he were to disappear, she might be sad. A bit. But most of all, he saved her brother's life, and was trying to do more. She was indepted to him.

- If I go, it'll be alone.

Wen Yuan pouted, but soon enough his eyes ilumined with mischief. He crossed his arms on his kid torso and declared with exagerated confidence :

- If you approach Xian-gege, he'll know and he'll get mad at you ! But A-Yuan's little ! Very little !

Wen Qing couldn't help but scoff at that.

- Alright, you're small. Does that mean you want to be my spy ? But if you go, I have to go too to supervise you. I can't leave ! I have duties here.

- But you can let them ! When I-A-Yuan was playing with uncle Four before, he told A-Yuan he wanted to help more. A-Yuan's sure he'll be happy if you ask him !

Wen Qing smiled. This kid really had the solution for any problem. Sure, uncle Four could take care of her duties, and she wasn't doubting his ability to keep an eye on her little brother. At the start of this discussion, she thought it would be another caprice... And here she was, convinced.

- Alright, I surrender. I'll go, and you can go with me.But if you get caught in your spying activities by this big bother, I am not going to help you.

Wen Yuan grimaced, but agreed with a nod.

***

Acting be damned, Wen Yuan really had enough of this mention of himself at the third person. He had to change this kid habit, because one day or later he would definitely slip up.

He was now walking down the path of the moutain, followed by Wen Qing. The town was just before him, he could see the agitation running the streets. He frowned, even if on the outside, he didn't stop singing cheerfully Wei WuXian's song. He knew the duel obviously should attract some people, but he didn't think it would be that much ! True, if there wasn't any, Wei WuXian wouldn't have broke Jiang Cheng's arm.