Character Glossary

Because sometimes one can have a hard time discerning who from who. Also because I mention a lot of names in my book. 

I listed every name that has been mentioned in What Is Done. This includes animals, the names of characters from books in Oriande and people who are never actually met by the main characters.

(June 9th, 2023 update: I went ahead and added a pronunciation guide for some of the character's names.) 

Adkin - Essaerae's horse that was borrowed from the Arünian royal family.

Ahearn - (a-hern) - Maarav's oldest son who is emotionally distant.

Aksel - One of the previous High Kings of Elven Guard who lived a short life and was remembered as a tyrant. 

Arannis - (ah-ran-is) - Thekus and Heinris' father who died in a Rūttiné castle siege thanks to Sellion aiming a crossbow at his head.

Arl - Iliquinal's maid that keeps out of sight when guests are present. 

Averis - (ah-ver-is) - The God of Darkness, one of the gods who shattered their souls to keep Oriande safe from harm. Azriel's twin brother.

Azriel - (az-ree-el) - The God of Light, one of the gods who shattered their souls to keep Oriande safe from harm. Averis' twin brother.

Beinorin - (by-nor-in) - One of the two town guards found in the Hul'dra Woods, just outside of Cärrish. 

Bennett - Lady Jinora's husband and Marwen's father.

Bjorn - (b-yorn) - The previous head of the Greenbriar line and the Cardinal of Elrichia.

Brutus - Gendan's wife and the doctor who takes care of Laverne's head injury in the Forest of Talking Trees. 

Carqen - (car-ken) - The young Elfling King of Jimëne.

Catharsis - Brutus and Gendan's only son who appears to switch between sanity and insanity.

Cedric - Valka's half-brother and Odin's second son.

Colrath - (coal-wrath) - Kitto's dragon father and companion. 

Crémïne - (creh-min) - A High Council member with platinum blond hair, dreary blue eyes and tanned skin. He often wears a seashell necklace and many infer that he's spent his life by the ocean. 

Cýran - (cy-ran) - A master archer among the Ancients.

Daern - (durn) - A member of Heinris' Rūttiné group that really doesn't do anything except order drinks upon arriving in Knowhere, then getting his neck sliced open. 

Deirdre - (deer-druh) - Aksel's father who created the No Elf Left Behind Program. 

Donovan - The Elven Lord of a small town in Elven Guard.

Druvrot - The wyvern the elf party found inhabiting a city of dead.

Elaran - (el-lar-ran) - The first member of the Ingerman family who was left to rule Elven Guard after the passing of Averis and Azriel.

Elbane - A half-elf doctor who had come to the town Druvrot resided in not long after the townspeople had all passed from disease.

Elbereth - High King Valka's best friend and Jinora's father. Also deceased.