Lan Yuan!

On the day of the Cleansing Ritual, Jiang Cheng came to the location, an old Jin temple on the border of Yiling, secretly.

Wei Wuxian had told him that he wasn't required to come all the way to Yiling just for a stupid ceremony, yet he insisted that Lan Wangji would mess it up and that he needed to represent the Jiang Clan in such a matter. So he made his way there and with him were Nie Huaisang and Jiang Yanli, who would represent the Nie Clan and the Jin Clan.

It took a while for everything to be set up, since representatives of all four major sects participated in the ceremony, so that it was official.

Jiang Cheng, faking an unconcerned demeanor, even scolded Wei Wuxian as they were getting ready before the ceremony.

"Wei Wuxian. You know that the ceremony will only wash away your resentment, and not prevent it from accumulating, right? At some point, you will have to repeat the ceremony, because continuing down your path is dangerous and will lead to all the resentful energy coming back at some point in the distant future."

"I know, I know. It's okay." Wei Wuxian rolled his eyes at his brother.

"Lan Wangji, you have to get rid of the resentful energy as frequently as possible. Play him music from time to time. If you don't, I'm breaking your guqin."

Lan Wangji nodded sternly, not the slightest bit concerned.

"Sect Leader Jiang, I will play music for him everyday. No need to threaten my guqin."

During the ritual, when A-Yuan was asked for his Clan name, he looked happily at his grandmother, whom Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji had already spoken to about adopting A-Yuan.

"Lan! Lan Yuan of the Lan Clan."

Wei Wuxian felt a smile on his face. He was pretty sure Lan Wangji had tears in his eyes too, though it was hard to tell in the low light of the temple.

Then it was Wei Wuxian's turn to announce his Clan.

Oh, shit. He had completely forgotten that he wasn't affiliated with a Clan anymore! With all the worrying about A-Yuan's adoption and the setting up of the ceremony he had completely forgotten about his own status.

As he thought about what he should do, without showing panic on his face, he saw Lan Wangji mouth to him, "Lan."

But before he could think about it or come to terms with the meaning of his, his thoughts were interrupted by Jiang Cheng.

"Hey, you're not married to him yet! How is he a Lan? He's obviously a Jiang!"

Jiang Cheng turned to Wei Wuxian, fuming.

"You donkey, have you forgotten that you're my brother?"

Wei Wuxian stifled a giggle, but could not swallow the snide remark, instantly leaving his lips.

"If I'm a donkey and you're my brother, then by extension you're a donkey too!"

"YOU-!"

Jiang Cheng's face contorted in fury, only just holding back the crackling energy from Zidian but Wei Wuxian did not worry, he felt genuinely happy. He had a Clan. He had a family.

He took a deep breath and confidently said it.

"Jiang. Wei Wuxian of the Jiang Clan."

He saw from the corner of his eye, Jiang Yanli, who was representing the Jin Clan in this ceremony, wiping a tear, as Nie Huaisang smiled, hiding it with his fan and even Jiang Cheng seemed to lose his sour look.

***
After having to endure the long and boring ceremony, Wei Wuxian made a loud sigh of relief and threw an arm over Nie Huaisang and Jiang Cheng each.

"Well, now that that's over, let's go celebrate with everyone! When do all of us meet like this?"

So, with mutual agreement and minimal grumbling from Jiang Cheng, the five of them plus A-Yuan headed to Wei Wuxian's usual haunt, the Lan Disciple's inn.

"Alcohol for everyone but Lan Zhan and A-Yuan!" Wei Wuxian ordered drinks as well as food, since he knew everyone's preferences best.

"Mn. No alcohol."

Wei Wuxian laughed. "Exactly! We don't want to destroy another monument, do we?"

And so Wei Wuxian told everyone the story of them destroying the tallest tree in Yiling, but censoring the story in such a way that it seemed that HE was the one drunk.

This earned him a smack up his head.

"You brat! Don't go around getting drunk everywhere. Learn from your beloved Lan Zhan!"

The last sentence was obviously sarcasm from Jiang Cheng and it was pointedly ignored by Wei Wuxian, though in his heart he enjoyed the sound of it without the sarcasm.

"Wei Xiong, Wangji Xiong, if you ever need to hide your relationship or cover your tracks, you can ask me! I know all about the gossip network of the Cultivation World. Putting in a word for you two would be far too simple."

Wei Wuxian laughed.

"Lans don't lie! Do they, Lan Zhan?"

"No."

Just then A-Yuan, who had gone out with his Yanli Jie (hearing everyone call her Jie, he thought he could too), returned, bringing a rabbit with him.

"A-Die! A-Niang!"

He ran to them, tripping slightly, and falling face first into Jiang Cheng's lap.

"Ouch! Sowwy!"

A-Yuan spoke with a mouthful of fabric, then hastened to get up and straighten himself out and bowed formally.

"Sorry Sect Leader Jiang. "

Jiang Cheng frowned hard at A-Yuan, and Wei Wuxian was getting increasingly worried.

"Lan Yuan. You call my brother 'A-Niang' , and my sister Jie, but you don't call me Jiu Jiu?"

Jiang Cheng scowled at Wei Wuxian. "You're a bad A-Niang. What are you teaching him?"

Wei Wuxian burst out laughing. "Am not a bad parent! How could I know that you want that? But if you insist, A-Yuan, call him Jiu Jiu! He is your Uncle after all. "

A-Yuan was getting a bit flustered, but bowed again slighy and shyly said, "Jiu Jiu!"

Seeming satisfied, Jiang Cheng pulled a red pouch out of his robes.

"For you, Lan Yuan. It's a 'welcome to the family' gift from me and Jie Jie."

A-Yuan squealed, grabbed it and ran back to Lan Wangji with it, showing it to him.

"Aiyah, you didn't have to!" Wei Wuxian lightly slapped Jiang Cheng' shoulder, but couldn't hide his broad smile.

"Of course I did. He's my first nephew!"

"First…? What do you mean? Will there be more?"

Jiang Cheng looked at Jiang Yanli, beaming, before excitedly exclaiming.

"Jie Jie is pregnant!"

Before he knew it, Wei Wuxian had tears in his eyes again. He felt Lan Wangji's hand tighten around his own, in support, before he got up and ran to hug his sister.

"Shijie! When?"

Jiang Yanli laughed.

"I found out today morning. I wanted to tell the both of you together, but my husband has been telling everyone he sees and I don't have the heart to stop him…  He told A-Cheng, when he picked me up for the ceremony."

Wei Wuxian smiled up at her excitedly.

"Oh, Shi-jie, what wonderful news!!!"

After hugging her tight, he turned around and picked up A-Yuan, twirling him around.

" Did you hear that, A-Yuan? You're getting a cousin!"

"A Cousin! Yay!"