𝙄𝙑.

"I'm not sure about this, Lu

"I'm not sure about this, Lu."

A group of guards in armor were riding their horses through the forest. They were riding at a footpace between the trees, but there was something eery now about the familiar trees. "I know, Wu, but we have orders from Lady Mulan and Captain Li Shang," the man who was riding by his side replies. The four others in their troop mumble in agreement, though none were enthusiastic.

They had all been good friends since their youth and joined the guard of the Captain Li Shang together. They served with joy and loyalty for the Captain and the Lady in guarding the northern border of Auradon. Not that there was much happening there, but it didn't matter. It was a quiet and peaceful life because Auradon had never been in war since its inception.

But rumors of strange occurances in the mountains were cause for worry for their captains, so they were sent to investigate.

They had travelled many times through this forest before, but this time there was something different. Somehow the forest had grown darker and none of them were feeling comfortable at the moment.

The troop had been riding for a while without coming across anything. That was odd, considering the forest has always been full of wildlife. Now even the plants didn't move and there was not a bird to be heard. As if everything was frozen in time. Lu feels a shiver run over his back at the creepy silence.

But then Wu suddenly stops his horse. "What's wrong, Wu," another soldier asks. He had been riding behind them the whole time and was not able to see what caused them to stop. Wu could only raise a shaking finger and points towards the cause of his anxiety.

It was a withered wooden board on top of a pole. Vines had wrapped all around and there was moss growing. Letters were written in black ink which had run out downwards. All with all not the most comforting sight.

"What does it say, Wu," another one of the soldiers who were more behind asks. Wu responds with clattering teeth, obviously petrified.

' Beware of agony, should you pass me '

The guards shift in their saddles. It was an ominous message. They were scared, but also furious. Someone had placed this board in the forest that belongs to Lady Mulan and Captain Li Shang. Whoever was behind this must be punished and so they decide to ignore the threat and continue.

They ride further into the woods after passing the terrifying wooden board. All men were fidgety in their saddles and couldn't help but look around for threats constantly.

The group wasn't riding for long when they heard hushed whispers. All of them immediately halt and look around. The cause of the noise was nowhere to be found and their sense of duty told them to continue.

But the voices only got worse as they went further. The hushed whispers were soon joined by loud, high pitched giggles, taunting laughs and eventually even roaring monsters. "I want to go back, Wu," Lu whines. He didn't feel prepared to fight off monsters with just six soldiers. The dread was taking root deep inside of him.