Monster

Geralt

I was late to Cintra. A day had passed when I found out that Sage and Cirilla had fled. Yennefer began to wonder about their next stop after she told me everything. Well, I forced her to tell me about the sudden change in Sage's actions and reasoning. She was terrified of Cirilla and now, she's all around her. It was all because of Voleth Meir and something about the end times.

I reached a deep point of irritation of not being able to find them. We had come across Cahir, who was no help, so we had to turn to Jaskier, who was straggling around a town Yennefer had last seen him.

"I-I don't know where she is," he said, partially tipsy. "They came by for a trip to Cintra because they were wanted. I guess her streak keeps piling up so I don't think she'd stay anywhere remote."

"You're still coming with us," I said. "She'll sense you and come forth."

"But she'll also feel you around," Yennefer pointed out. "She's not an idiot."

"Why do we need to find Sage?" Jaskier asked.

"She has Ciri."

"Ciri..." he said, unfamiliar with the name.

"Child of Surprise."

"Oh, shit!" Jaskier exclaimed, finally sober. "Weren't we at her parents' engagement party? The princess was weird but Sage didn't mind."

"We think- we know, she's just like her," I told him. "That's why Sage has a newfound interest."

"Is she the bad guy?"

"No, the Deathless Mother is," I said. "Sage has just been stirred in the wrong direction."

"I think I know where we can find her," Yennefer said.

"Where?"

"When we had visited Kaer Morhen she said something about where Elder Blood spills."

"That's stated in Ithlinne's prophecy," I said. "And that's where Ciri's blood has spilled. Let's go."

Jaskier rushed to find a horse as I got atop mine and we road out of the small town. Heading north, where the sun was rising, we headed towards Kaedwen. We reached the snowing valley of Kaer Morhen and headed into the trees.

As we neared the fortress of my home, I looked at the ground to see where Elder Blood had been sown to make the indigo flower. The same flower Vesemir tried to use to make the Witcher potion.

My necklace began to rattle when we stopped at the entrance. I got off Roach and tied her to the post. I could see Jaskier looking at my medallion and I grabbed it, drawing my sword. I pushed the door open and entered to see that my brothers had surrounded Sage, their blades pointing at her. They were under my order that if she ever returned, she was an enemy. On the side, Cirilla was being held back by Lambert because she was fighting for a friendly stranger.

"Geralt," Lambert said, eyeing me to get a hold of her.

"Cirilla," I called out and she stopped moving, her eyes darting at me.

"Hey, don't move!" Coen shouted when Sage turned around to face me. He even pricked her with the tip of his sword and she didn't flinch.

"Hello, Geralt. Yennefer. Jaskier," she greeted. "I'm sorry that you're tense from the signal of a monster in your presence."

"You're not a monster," Jaskier pointed out. "You never identified as one."

"A banshee is in our bestiary, so she is one," Vesemir said.  "But I take the girl's word that she's harmless."