Cirilla

Sage

Jaskier was angry with me. I had told him that Geralt had hurt me and here I was, falling for him. It was contradicting because I did everything to push him away but then I pulled him back. Jaskier decided to stop following me around and forge his own path. We both knew it was about time and also that we'd come across one another in days ahead— I had a tether to him so I could find him easily— so I wasn't worried.

I was more concerned about the naked, mutated man lying next to me in bed. It was disturbing since I just had a dream about it but then I began to wonder if it was a premonition. Not of death but that we were destined to be together.

He wasn't asleep as I pretended to be and I slowly opened my eyes to meet his fierce yellow ones. The ones that eyed me like prey but he had already eaten every inch of me.

The room was exceeding its warm temperature, bringing me to my discomfort but I couldn't get out of bed. The sheet was the only thing covering my body and I was self-conscious about it. The whole night, and the time I got out of the bathtub, I didn't care but now, I was too aware of everything. I took the sheet we shared off of him and wrapped it around my body so I could get up.

"I've already seen everything," he stated.

"Oh, shut up." He snickered and I glared at him. I moved to the edge of the bed to find my clothes and I was about to put on my clothes when he held me back. He breathed heavily into my neck, kissing it before he scrunched my red hair and put his face in it. This time, I wasn't dreaming.

I let him have me by leaning my head into the crease of his shoulder. His arms wrapped around me and one of his hands held onto my neck. He didn't strangle me but kept it steady, causing me to let go of the sheets.

"This is what made me like this," I said, trying to separate myself from him.

"Sleeping around?" he husked. He kissed my shoulder blade. "I'm sterile, Sage, you don't need to worry."

"And yet, here you are, without your Child of Surprise," I replied with a small smirk, only because he never told me.

"And you're without a son." I turned around and sat on his lap, him holding me tightly so I wouldn't fall off. "Come with me and find her."

"You know I don't intervene with destiny," I said, raking my fingers through his hair as our noses touched. "You would have to find her on your own."

"And leave you here?"

"I can fend for myself," I replied.

"Fine. Will, you at least give me a lead to where she could be?" he asked. I raised my eyebrows which told him I'd stay quiet mostly for the part that I didn't know myself. "I'll start with going to Cintra and working my way out in case they had to flee."

"I hope you'll leave soon."

"Are you trying to get rid of me?" he inquired as I got off of him.

"Maybe." I slipped on my pants and tucked in my long sleeve before putting on my breastplate. Geralt had begun putting on his clothing and I helped him with the black plates with stubbed spikes coming out. He found my cloak and gave it to me to put on.

I found a bag of coins and gathered some to pay the man who owned the spare room and we left the house. I got onto Roach, sitting behind him, and rested my arms around his waist.

Dawn was creeping upon us as we road through the forest. The was dew from the rainy day before and it was cold and cloudy, the way I preferred it. I told Geralt to slow down before he stopped and I slid off the horse.