💖The Meeting💖

In this world, people believe that whoever possesses the Primordial Magic Stone rules the world. The public has no idea of what it is capable of but fears its unknown power. But those who know the power of the stone covet it for themselves.

The Primordial Magic Stone is not the only stone around, there are many variations. Light magic stones are used to call others with holograms. It is usually used for status reports, but some rich nobles use it for personal reasons. Fire and water magic stones simply produce their element and wind magic stones let you hover for a little while.

The magic stones can be used for good but, there are people who use them for evil. Earth Magic Stones are used to replicate magic stones but can not be used to make a new type of magic stone. Dark Magic Stones take a part of your life to give you more power, for a set amount of time. If dark or earth magic stones fell into the wrong hand's calamity could ensue.

*That was just a brief explanation because these come up later. Anyway, back to the story! *

The emperor sits on a bedazzled throne that towers above the other chairs. The room is quite spacious with pictures of him plastered on the walls.

The duke and emperor begin discussions. "Romulus... or should I say emperor Romulus? We've been friends for a while. You've helped me out with financial problems a few times and I've helped you with... I don't even know what I've helped you with but, I'm asking for your help once more. I could use a few earth magic stones and maybe even a couple million pebbles."(the currency)

"Um... well I don't know if I can help you. I've funded a bunch of your parties. Don't get me wrong they were fun! It's just with all the parties my funds have been a little low. And I don't have many earth magic stones. If I gave them to you, I would have none..." Emperor Romulus says nervously.

Duke Wellington starts to raise his voice, "ARE YOU REALLY GOING TO DO THIS TO ME! AFTER ALL I'VE DONE TO HELP YOU! YOU'VE ALWAYS HAD MY BACK, AT LEAST I THOUGHT YOU DID!"

"Fine... you win I-"

Even though Aurelia was not in the room she could clearly tell what was going on. By the time she heard that she had already gathered all the information she needed. She put prior knowledge and what she had just heard, together. She knew what was about to happen and had to stop it at all costs. She rushed and quickly pushed open the door.

"Greetings Duke Wellington!", Aurelia says with a devilish grin.

"Aurelia what are you doing here!", the duke and emperor say in unison.

Aurelia takes a deep breath as she begins thinking of a strategy, "How do I want to go about this. I could just say all the info in one go and get him in trouble or... I could mess with him and recruit him to my side."

An even bigger grin appears on her face as she lets out a tiny giggle. "Well, I was walking by and happened to hear you guys talking. I didn't know duke Wellington was here! And I couldn't help but hear that you guys were talking about magic stones. I happen to be extremely interested in magic stones, particularly earth magic stones. I didn't know you had the same interest as me?"

Duke Wellington looks confused, he doesn't know what Aurelia is up to.

"Well, earth magic stones are pretty interesting..."

Before the duke can finish his sentence Aurelia cuts him off.

"I just can't wrap my head around why you would need them? Why would you need to create magic stones, the Empire of Petra is already rich in them?"

Duke Wellington scratches his head and shakes in panic.

"Well, you see..."

Aurelia cuts him off again, "You know I was just thinking about how the Empire is blessed with so many magic stones. I can't say the same about the other Empires, they could really use some magic stones... On an unrelated note, I heard a rumour that our little old Duke Wellington was caught having a meeting with our little friendly empire to the north! But that is probably just a coincidence, right?"

"Let me explain I-"

Before anyone can talk, a loud knock on the door alerts everyone. A moment of silence fills the room.

"Come in...", says the emperor with a suspicious look.

Cornelius opens the door to inform the emperor, "Emperor, magnificent leader of the empire, I have some news to deliver! I am sorry to interrupt you're meeting but I was just informed that the military general wants to talk to you.

The emperor smiles, "Well, I don't want to keep the military general waiting!" He then looks at the duke with a surprised expression as if he forgot he was there. "I'm sorry but, I'm going to have to cut this meeting a little short."

The emperor skips out the door and starts humming a happy song.

When the duke sees the emperor leave, he heads for the door. Until Aurelia stops him.

"Where do you think you're going? I'm not done talking to you." Aurelia sits on the tall throne as she peers over the duke.