Fleeing Phoenix Part 2

King Orion's POV

The next morning I was pleased to see that the little phoenix was sleeping peacefully in my arms. I spent time admiring his features while listening to his soft breathing. He had a cute button nose; a heavy contrast to the black beak he had in his bird form. His plump lips were slightly turned downward into a pout and his smooth chin lead into his very angular jawline. His face was smooth; no trace of hair other than the gorgeous mane that was attached to his head. I looked over his eyes again. Because of the lack of light from the night before, I hadn't noticed the black-winged liner around his eyes. It looked almost like makeup, and it was beautiful. His eyelashes were perfect as well. They were long and luscious. I wanted to feel them flutter against my skin.

Perfection.

As much as I wanted to stay cooped up in bed with the beautiful man in my arms, I had to get my day started. But when I tried to untangle myself from the warm body wrapped around me, I was met with resistance and a tiny whimper. My heart swelled.

"I have to get up little one," I whispered ever so softly and traced my hands in mindless circles on his back, not actually attempting to leave the bed again. The bird only shoved his head into the warmth of my neck, burrowing himself into my body.

"A few more minutes then," I said to myself and drifted off into sleep once again.

Before I knew it, the two of us were startled awake by a knock on the door.

"Your Highness, you have a meeting in an hour." I took a deep breath and looked at the scared fireball in my arms. His body was rigid and his breathing picked up. I began to slowly rake my fingers through his hair to calm him down. His eyes fluttered closed after a few seconds and he melted into my embrace once again.

"My king?" I heard once again from the door followed by another knock.

"Yes, I heard you. I will be out shortly." The phoenix began to flush under my gaze, the warm red that I saw overtaking his features the night before finding its way onto his face again. I kissed the crown of his forehead and slipped out of bed, encouraging him to stay there and rest.

Sage's POV

Boy, was I in deep shit with my mother.

Not only had I sneaked away in the middle of the night; I hadn't returned this morning either. I certainly wouldn't hear the end of it. I mentally cursed myself as I watched the gentle king slide out of the comfort of his bed. He was far more beautiful up close. The light cascaded into the room from the window I entered last night and lit up his golden face. I could perfectly see the outline of his jawline through his stubble. I thought back to when I felt it against my face, tickling and brushing up against my skin. I yearned to feel him again.

It wasn't my intention to enter his room last night. I only wanted to take a peek without the threat of the entire kingdom being awake, but looking at him in his sleeping state lured me closer. I ended up getting comfortable and falling asleep on a surprisingly soft bench. The next thing I knew, I was waking up in the softest bed I had ever felt, peering into the eyes of the king.

I began to remember the events that followed after. My body began to heat up and tiny feathers appeared on my arms, protruding and fluttering anxiously. My lower region was beginning to stir, so I moved my arms so that they helped cover my crotch, although the blankets were already doing that.

"Are you okay, precious?" Precious. My eyes darted towards him briefly before returning to the blanket. I heard his footsteps come closer. He had walked around until he was standing next to my side of the bed. With a light touch of his hand, he turned my face so that I was facing him. His eyes were searching mine carefully. I had hoped he didn't see the desperation written all over my body and facial features, but he did. His eyes somehow grew darker as lust filled them and his grip tightened against my chin. He looked hungry like I was his prey.