008. first fight

VIII. FIRST FIGHT
"you will pay for what you did"

PETER PARKER, WELL SPIDER–MAN, getting called for a public disturbance is absolutely nothing out of the ordinary

PETER PARKER, WELL SPIDER–MAN, getting called for a public disturbance is absolutely nothing out of the ordinary. He picks up all kinds of incidents on the police radio he has stashed away on his desk, minor to major. This one seems a little more on the major side.

"Possible enhanced being near the Empire State Building. Witnesses say their body was glowing. Proceed with caution,"

Peter's mind immediately goes to Max but he's been gone for quite some time now. He had literally all but exploded, the energy becoming way too much. So, this must some new villain that he's going to have to take down before he can go and grab the Chinese takeaway he's been looking forward to all day.

Slipping into his suit, Peter all but throws himself out of his apartment window, using his webs to move about the city with utter ease. He can hear the police sirens echoing in the rather quiet night, all of them heading in the same direction as him. There is no doubt he will get there first and then they'll try to reprimand him like a child, but he'll do their job nonetheless.

Landing at the bottom of the large statue, the superhero looks around in confusion. There's nobody here, at least nobody that he can see. The police radio had detailed somebody who was glowing, not somebody who turns invisible. Then he feels it, the sense that he has developed since being bit by that spider.

He takes back literally everything, there is somebody here for sure.

Peter manages to dodge an incoming ball of — well has absolutely no idea what it is. Golden in colour, the substance smashes against the ground.

"Nice dodge, spider,"

Peter freezes up at the familiarity of the voice, it echoes in his ears. Turning around he comes face to face, well face to mask, with the teenage brunette who he'd seen only a few days prior. The darkness swimming in her ocean blue eyes is confronting, scary even.

"Hopefully next time you won't be so lucky," Isabella hisses dangerously, Peter watching in horror as her eyes and the palms of her hands light up that golden colour.

"I don't think we need to fight," Peter speaks, holding his hands up which only emits a short laugh from her.

"I beg to differ. You will pay for what you've done,"

Pay for what he's done? Peter frowns beneath the mask, unsure exactly what she means. It's like a lightbulb moment when he finally gets it — Gwen. He had been there when her sister died and obviously she blames him for it, blinded by the pain of death and grief. He's been there, with what happened to his uncle.

"I didn't kill Gwen," He almost pleads with her, not wanting to have any sort of altercation with her. "I didn't kill your father either,"

"Maybe not directly, but they were involved with you. Dad died helping you, Gwen died because she was with you. I don't know what hold you have over them but it won't work with me," Isabella promises passionately.

The venom in her voice is frightening, he's never heard the brunette girl like this before. He's heard anger, sadness, happiness but never this. Perhaps it's because Isabella isn't this type of person, she's usually smiley and happy. This isn't her, well not entirely her anyway.

"What happened to you?" Peter asks the girl.

Her lips pull up into a light smirk, her eyes moving to her hand where she gathers some of her magic. The small ball of energy hovers above her hand, menacingly.

"I got sick of grieving,"

Isabella launches it at him and this time he doesn't move fast enough, the force of the power sending him flying backwards. The girl takes steps towards him, seemingly in absolutely to rush. She watches as the Spider groans softly, the pain finally rushing to him.

"I'm still learning how to use these powers effectively, so uh, the killing part might hurt a little bit," Isabella speaks with fake sympathy.

Holding her right hand up, her eyes shimmer a golden colour. The hero grabs at his neck as his airways begin to constrict slowly, almost tauntingly, and the oxygen struggles to find his way to his lungs. It's admittedly petrifying, dying at the hands of somebody who you love and care about — what will Isabella do when she takes that mask off once he dies?

She's sick of grieving, that what she says, and yet she'll be forced to grieve him. So, he does what he doesn't want to do and fights back.

Using one of his webs, he attaches her hand to a nearby wall, meaning that he can breathe again. She scowls and quickly rips it away, throwing more balls of magic right at him. He sees them coming, dodging and weaving away from them before they can hit.

He can see her getting frustrated, and it's further confirmed when then annoyed yell slips from her lips. She manages to generate a huge mass of power and launch it at him with no hesitation, skimming the suit slightly but not causing any major damage.

Isabella's scowl only grows when she sees the flashing lights of the police boats as they near. She throws her hands down and it shakes the surface of the small island, the Statue above her quaking. It sends Peter flying back and she stands over him.

"You got lucky this time, spider. I don't want to kill my dad's former co-workers. Next time, you won't be so lucky,"

For good measure, she levitates him and throws him towards the water. The splash of his body hitting the surface is all she needs to know it's time to go, fleeing the scene and leaving the destruction, and devastation, in her wake.