Fourteen

I made it through last period only getting slammed into the wall twice and getting hit by 4 volleyballs. By the end, I had the worst headache and even more bruises than when I started. I didn't even bother changing into my normal clothes, I just rushed out to my car and locked the doors. The last thing I needed was to be jumped in the locker room again. I leaned my head against the steering wheel lightly, but jumped when a rock hit the side of my car. I looked out to see Amy and her witches running toward me. I threw the car into gear and spread away quickly. I got home safely and changed into casual clothes.
"Mom I'm going to see Luke!"

I went up to the desk at the hospital and drummed my nails on it lightly
"Excuse me!" I said to the lady who was seemingly ignoring me. She looked up with an annoyed expression.
"What?" She snapped in a nasaly almost masculine voice.
"I need to know which room Luke Hemmings is in" I explained. She looked at her computer for a moment.
"Room 210" she replied. I nodded, not bothering to thank her and hurried down the hall. I knocked on the room door impatiently. A blonde woman opened the door. Her eyes were red, it was obvious she'd been crying.
"If you're here to give him another set of flowers with shut in the vase you can get fucking lost!" She snapped. Flowers with shit in them?
"What? N-no. My name is Nora. I'm a friend of his. " the woman's face softened and she grabbed me into a crushing hug.
"Oh you're her! You're Nora! He talks about you so often, Nora! You make my Luke so happy! My name is Liz. " she explained. I looked up with a weak smile.
"He actually talks about me?" She nodded and lead me into the room.
"He's asleep right now, but I'm sure he'd love to know you're here. " she said. I nodded, tearing up at the sight of countless tubes in his arms and sweat beading on his forehead. I sniffles a little and wiped at my eyes. I was right. He had an eating disorder. That had to be it.
I sat beside him and took his bony hand in mine.
"I'm so sorry this happened, Luke" I whispered. "I wish I would have opened my eyes and seen it. I wish I would have done something" a tear hit his mattress and I wiped at my eyes again. I squeezed his hand gently and pushed some of his blonde hair out of his face.
"I'm just going to go get some food from the cafeteria, dear. Keep an eye on him would you?" Liz asked quietly. I nodded without looking up.
"Luke, I need you to get up, okay? I need you to wake up and be okay." I whispered. Luke stirred.
"10 more minutes okay, mom?" He mumbled. My heart fluttered at the sound of his raspy voice, deep from sleep.
"Luke? Its me, Nora!" I exclaimed. Lukes eyes fluttered open and he smiled.
"Nora! Hey!" He said happily, trying to sit up weakly. I helped him and adjusted the pillows behind him.
"How do you feel?" I asked quickly. Luke frowned.
"I'm okay my throat hurts and I'm hungry, but I'm really happy to see you" he replied with a blush. I smiled
"I'm happy to see you too. I'm glad you're okay"
"Me too."
An: just a reminder that the next chapter is the last, then the epilogue and character ask. If you want a say in the next series I do please stick around for that, because there will be a final vote and the reveal of which series will be next. If the series of your choice isn't the most favored, don't worry, all will be done eventually! Love you all and stay safe!