6

A/n here, sorry I haven't been doing stuff, I promise I'll try to write this more. For now have some angst to gay (kind of a filler chapter???)

(Also please this is such a good song give it some love guys)

Tw: depresso espresso, minor gay,

------

I felt sad. It was almost two in the morning and I had been crying for the last... What, five hours? I'm not sure. I had been studying, but my mind started to wander at some point, and I guess I just started crying.

Crying is a big waste of time.

I'd rather be working.

...

I'd rather be with Madeleine.

God, Madeleine. Why do I keep thinking of him!? Does he really always have to live in my head (rent free)? He's so annoying.

Annoyingly cute.

Shut up me.

I should keep studying. This is a waste of time.

*Timeskip brought to you by I'm feeling depresso espresso*

I kept crying. But then I went to school. I went through my day with Madeleine again. Again, nothing odd happened (other than the fact that I was with a hot guy), but after school things got worse. The evening before, I had been forced to go on a date with a girl. She was nice, and pretty, and smart, but I don't like girls. All I felt towards her was jealousy (with a hint of guilt because it was pretty clear that she actually did like me). 

I bet Madeleine would like a girl like her. 

Wait- no- stop thinking of him.

Anyways, because I went on this date, my mom wanted to know what I felt, and asked if I would be okay with dating her. When I say that she asked me I mean that she asked me while giving me a death glare, which was a pretty big hint that I didn't have a choice. I did not. My mom told me that we would be getting married in a month.

A month.

Imagine what could happen in a month.

It only takes a month of friendship with someone to date them.

I wonder if you could date someone after only knowing them for a week.

I wonder if I could date Madeleine- what the hell am I saying? I'm getting married in a month, I don't have a choice to date someone right now. And I'm sure that Madeleine wouldn't want to date me ever. Certianly not in only a week. But still...

I was sitting on my bed now. When did I get there? I was crying. Well that wasn't news. I was always crying. What a baby.

I cried most of the night. I forgot to eat, and was barely able to complete my homework. I wasn't sure what I was crying about.

The next day I got on the bus and sat next to Madeleine, before gently resting my head on his shoulder and closing my eyes. I could feel his head move to look at me.

"Espresso? Are you alright?" I bit my lip. "You know you can talk to me, right?" He soothingly asked. I made a humming noise. He wrapped his arm around me. I felt a tear come to my eye.

"I-is it fair to f-force your kid to marry someone they don't even l-ike?" I blurted out. I felt myself shake a bit.

"Of course not! Is... If you don't mind me asking, is that happening to you..?" I shook more, and nodded my head. He hugged me tighter. "I'm so so sorry. You really don't deserve that.

"A-a-and the w-worst part is, I d-don't have an excuse, so my f-fate is sealed." I dug my face deeper into his neck.

"An excuse..?" I nodded. "Like... A boyfriend?" I looked up at him. There was a long awkward silence before I spoke up.

"W-what..?"

"I'msorryIshouldn'thavebroughtitupIwasjustbeingstupidandIthoughtmaybeifyoufakeddatingsomeoneyoucouldgetoutofthemarriageandthenIthoughtifthatwastrue-" he took a breath "we could try dating?" I looked at him in shock. "O-of course it would only be to get you out of the marriage but..." Of course. He was just trying to help. It's not like anyone as amazing as him would want to date me.

"T-that's nice of you, but I want a real relashionship with someone, not just for help."

"W-well I uh, I actually-... Nevermind..." He looked away. The whole day was awkward between us after that, but it still felt nice to be around him. After school I contimplated just going back home like I usually did, but for some reason I felt drawn to somewhere else. I didn't really care that missing the bus meant I had to walk home- I did so other days so it wasn't a big deal.

My feet soon led me to a small tree behind our school. It wasn't in the middle of the yard like those trees in animes that people always propose at, instead it was near the fence separating our schoolyard and a forest behind it. The tree itself had a small swing hanging from it that had been placed there a long time ago (none of the teachers cared enough to take the swing down), and around the tree there was soft grass with a few dandelions popping out.

I slowly made my way over to the tree, then let me backpack (bookbag?) slide off my shoulders to the ground. I gave a slight hum as I drifted over to the swing, and soon the swing was swaying forward and back. I let out a content sigh and closed my eyes.

It was calm, the wind blowing softly, the birds harmonizing in the trees, the... Footsteps approaching me? I opened my eyes to see a blonde boy waving at me while running (and sometimes tripping) across the field.

"HEY!" He yelled as I attempted to cover my ears.

"Y-you do realize that y-you already got to me, right?" I looked at him skeptically as he almost fell to the ground, breathing loudly.

"Y-yeah, but-..." I sighed. This dude doesn't even know why he yelled at me and yet somehow I have a crush on him? This is insane...

Like yeah I've had crushes before, but this dude was insane. He was straight and loud and annoying and handsome and cute and- stop.

Me and Madeleine talked for a while, the awkwardness of our situation slowly dripping away. At one point Madeleine started pushing the swing, and I easily moved with him. We talked for hours, and it was only when the sun started to set that I realized I had to go.

"Do you want me to walk you home?" Madeleine asked me, letting me get off the swing and grab my backpack.

"I-it's fine, really. I don't want to bother you." I responded, looking away shyly.

"No really, it's not a bother at all!" After a while of arguing like this, Madeleine finally won me over and we started walking to my house together. It only took around 20 minutes (a/n here, I've never been a bus rider before so idk how far away people ride the bus instead of a car or walking) to get back to my house, but as soon as we got there I waved him away. But, of course, Madeleine stayed.

"Y-you're supposed to go now." I deadpanned at him. Madeleine smiled at me and took my hand in his. I felt my face heat up.

"I want to talk about what happened this morning." He said, a reassuring smile resting on his face. I gulped. He took a deep breath, and stared me in the eyes. His eyes were so beautiful.

"I..." He breathed in again, "I-" and just as he was going to say whatever he was going to say, my Mom burst out the front door and ran at us.

------

Words: 1305

Hehe cliffhanger.

I'm going to have a lot of fun writing the next chapter.

I'm so sorry that I haven't been updating, I got sick for a week (not with covid, thankfully), and then I had a lot of make-up work to do and then I spend two different weekends at a mountain where I couldn't use Wattpad but now I'm back and imma try to write in this more often. I hope you all have a good day/night/any other time stamp I missed!