I hate Maths

“moment of truth.” Zayn smiled at me as we walked into the large auditorium. People were already there chatting about which parts they hoped to get. As we walked in everyone turned to stare at us. Or should I say me. The whole school could only talk about one thing, who would get the part of Juliet. I knew if I got it, I'd have to watch my back. Even with Necessity and her friends still being laughed at for the pranks we had pulled, she was still the 'Queen of the School'. She could have the whole school turn on me with a snap of her fingers. And luckily she hadn't snapped just yet.

We took our seats next to each other, both of us clinging to the others hands. My nerves were taking over. My whole body began to shake as Ms. Peach bounced into the room. She stood up on stage, wearing velvet trousers and a polka nurses shirt. “good afternoon students! How is my lovely class doing today?” no one said anything. “right, well... um.. what were we doing today?” she looked to the boy in the front who was chuckling.

“you were going to tell us who got the parts.” he said and she smiled nodding her head vigorously.

“right right. Erm... where would I put that list....” she patted her trousers as a girl ran up and handed her a piece of paper. “ah! Yes thank you Casey! Okay, lets get through this shall-”

a girl pushed through the doors and walked in. her long black hair hung over her face as she looked around to find her seat. “Serena Jacobson, I thought you'd have been expelled after your little tussle eh?” she shrugged finding Zayn and walking over quickly.

“hey loser.” she smiled at Zayn. “who are you?” she said staring at me. Zayn bent over and whispered to her making her laugh. “oh okay, nice to meet you Marte. I'm Serena, call me Rena or Re Re.”

"Right, okay yes. I'll start with the extras..." Mrs. Peach called out a collective group of students telling them who or what they were to play. Since Serena hasn't been here to audition Mrs. Peach decided she could just be the maid. To which she proceeded to groan about before Mrs. Peach threatened to and I quote 'come down there and mess you up'. I was right when I said she was my favourite teacher.

After all the extras were given out, she started with the parents. "Lord mercutio goes to... Zayn Malik." She smiled and everyone cheered. Serena whispered something into his ear before he turned to me and smiled. I winked at him looking back to the teacher to see she was already on Romeo.

"Romeo will be played by... Jason Walters." Jason got up and started bowing, he looked over at me and winked. I rolled my eyes looking away from him.

"And finally... Juliet. Since two people auditioned we had an understudy and a lead. The understudy will be..." I felt Zayn's hand slip into mine, I turned to him as he smiled warmly at me. "Necessity Williams."

I looked over to see she was in shock, he eyes went wide before she stared at me, her eyes narrowing and I knew I wouldn't get away with it. But lucky for me I was already working on phase three.

"So that means Ms. Marte Jetson is our Juliet! Congrats everyone, we'll be starting rehearsals tomorrow!" The bell rang just as she finished, we quickly grabbed our things and rush out the door.

Once outside of the large auditorium Serena came and wrapped her arms round both of us.

"Damn Malik, I'm gone for a few weeks and you've already replaced me." She said, Zayn pushed her away laughing slightly. Her arm slumped away from my shoulder as she went to mess up Zayn's hair. "So Marte, word on the street is you're starting an uprising against the queen bitches."

"Uhh I just want them to leave Zayn alone.."

She smiled. "Well I'm in. In fact I think I can help right now.. Delilah is having a party, Necessity will be there. Jason and her will probably end up hooking up in the jacuzzi."