The Hospital

My eyes felt heavy. My throat felt like sandpaper. My fingers felt like ice, but the rest of my body was on fire. Pain, so much pain.  A pinprick of darkness grew in the deepest recesses of my brain, taunting me, tempting me, willing me to sleep. To just let go and never wake up. To not feel anything.  It was drawing me towards it, but then a blasted voice interrupted my contemplative state.

“Lochlan! Lochlan wake up! Wake up baby you have to! You can’t just leave me here!” My mom’s anguished voice broke my thoughts.

My mom.

Gross.

At thirty-one you would think that I would have a girlfriend right? I mean, I'm not bad looking or anything. At least that's what my one night stands tell me. Admittedly I am a womanizer. I'm not going to give you the "It's not my fault; I'm just looking for the right woman" speech. I am what I am, and to be honest, I like playing the field. But here I am, in a hospital room lying pitifully on a gurney with my mom telling me to “come back to her”.

 Yikes.

Then, that of course begs the question how did I get here? Well I have no freaking clue, but I am going to find out. First though I have to deal with my mom. I sighed at the thought and unfortunately my dear, sweet mother noticed. So much so that her tone started to get condescending instead of anguished. 

"Alright now, I know that you're awake. Do you seriously want to pull that fake sleep type of shit on me? Rhetorical question 'cause I don't think you do, do you?" Damn. Now I actually have to answer that. Opening my eyes I had to blink a little because I had this bright light in my eyes. Where was that she-devil? Turning my head to the left a little I came into contact with the coldest gray eyes that I had ever seen in my entire life. 

"Holy shit!" I exclaimed scrambling away, my muscles groaning in protest. I didn't get all that far before the wires that the nurses had stuck in me cut into my skin, forcing me to stop. 

"Did you have to be that close?" I hollered, regretting my sudden movement as my body was now on fire. Again. I concentrated on unwrapping myself from the wires. All was silent. Too silent.

When I looked up she was studying me with malicious intent. She quickly schooled her features into something resembling a smile, but I had seen the barely contained fury on her features.

"I should leave you to get some rest," she said getting up, suddenly becoming the sugar sweet woman that everybody thought she was. But I knew better. She was the devil in disguise.

"You have a good night, get lots of rest and of course, get better." Her heels clicked as she walked away from where I lay on the bed, stupefied. Was she bipolar or what?

 A/N: I CANNOT write more that one page chapters, so these are all going to be really short chapters. I'm sorry if there are any mistakes in this; I try to get rid of them all but sometimes they just slip past me. Let me know if you see any and any critisism will be appreciated but please don't be rude because that will not be tolerated. 

Thanks, 

Gwen :P