Kessler, Four

Kessler

I was laughin' at somethin' Kieffer said when the whole bar went silent. The door slammin' shut was louder than ever. All eyes were on the beautiful blonde walkin' to the bar with kids in tow.

"Ma'am you can't bring kids in the bar." Taylor stated but I could see the worry on her face. Kieffer stood up noticin' it too. He had it bad.

"I uhm..." The woman looked around at everyone starin', and I could see the tears startin' from where I sat. I quickly got up and walked over. "I'm sorry...I..." She sniffled.

"You've got that Kess?" Taylor asked, I nodded.

"Hey." I ducked down so she could see me through the hair that was fallin' in her face and smiled. "What was it you needed, ignore all them." She looked up and I saw the sadness, I saw the worry, and every single ounce of fear was radiating off her in waves. "Come to the back we can talk without everyone watchin'." She nodded and followed me with caution.

"I, I'm sorry." I turned lookin' at her as she came into the office and set the carrier down.

"No need." Before I could say anythin' else I heard someone gettin' loud. "One second." I walked out of the room and stood in the hallway arms crossed.

"A fucking blonde with two kids attached to her. Where the fuck is she?" This asshole, who the hell does he think he is.

"I highly suggest you adjust that tone of yours." Kieffer was standin' just in front of Taylor behind the bar, his stance the same as mine.

"I know you have no idea who I am. But I'm nobody you want to fuck with. Just tell me where the girl is." Kieffer laughed.

"I know you ain't got a clue who I am by the way you're talkin' to me."

"Nobody gives a shit about a redneck wanna be cowboy. Where is the girl."

"What you call me?" I knew Kieffer had him handled so I walked back into the office. She was pacing.

"I want to help you; I'm guessin' that guy out there is lookin' for you. We can sneak out the back."

"He'll have someone at my car." Panic was written all over her.

"Get in my truck, I'm parked outside the doors here. We can wait till he leaves to get you back on the road." She nodded pickin' up the carrier. We got outside and her settled in the back of my truck. I stood with the back door open. "Why'd you come to a bar?"

"I just needed directions to some Ranch, and this is the first place I've found in miles. My best friend moved down here, and I can't remember the name of the place, but she said it's a small town...and my phones dead."

"What's your friends name?" Her eyes quickly came to mine.

"Mya, Mya Porter?" I let out a small laugh. "What?"