Chapter 9

The Yule Ball was now a few days away, many of the 4th years, along with the 5th and 6th years are taking some Potions test. It was easy for me, this was a no wand test, so it was on parchment paper and a feather with ink.

Ron and Harry were talking lowly, Hermione gave me an annoyed look, which made me laugh lightly. I was across the small table and a few feet away next to George, Fred was on his other side. I was filling in a bubble when I saw Snape push Harry and Tons heads down, making me laugh. He looked at me and did the same thing, though not as nearly as hard as he did to the boys.

"You suck." Ron whispered when Professor Snape left. "Why?" I ask not meeting his eyes as I once again filled in a bubble. "He likes you." "No he hates me, just a lot less then he hates you and Harry, and that's probably because I am his best student in his class." I smile, Ron glares a me. "Do you have a date to the Yule Ball?" Ron asks, "Don't even try Ron." George said, stepping in, I smirk at him.

"Dude the ball is in 3 days." I say back at him, I saw Snape slowly coming over, "Hermione? Will you go to the Yule Ball." "Seriously Ron?" "Yeah, I mean no one would want you to be their date." My mouth drops open as I stared at Ron shocked. Hermione shakes her head and gets up abudely and leaves the Great Hall.

I shake my head, pissed off at Ron, he was going to get it when we were done with this damn test. "What did I do?" Ron asks, "Ron, you git." Harry said, Professor Snape hit them in the back of their heads with his own book. I smirk, looking down at my completed paper. I go over all the answers, they were correct. I look over at George and his brother.

"Both of you, 5 is A, 8 is E, 14 is B, 21 is D, and 24 is C, you both got then wrong." I whisper at them, they change they're answers, I nod and get up, handing my papers to Professor Snape. I smile at him, he looks them over and nods approvingly. "Good job Ms. Black." He barely says, I almost missed it. I looked into his eyes, they looked proud. "Thank your professor Snape have a good day." He nods again, I skip to my seat, grabbing my bag, I bend over Ron, "We are going to have a chat when your done." I say in a dark voice, his head snaps to me.

I give him a smirk and walk out. I go to my common room and up to my dorm where I found Hermione crying under her sheets. I set my things down and walk over, getting under them to. She laughs at me, I pull her to me and let her cry on m shoulder. "I am going to talk to Ron when he is done with his test." "You don't have to Heaven." "Consider it all ready done." She laughs, wiping her tears.

She hugs me for a while until we both fall asleep. When we wake up I look at the time, Ron should be done with his test, it's been an hour. I leave Hermione on her bed as I walk down to the common room. Ron was on the couch talking to Harry. I go over to him, when he sees me he gulps, I grab him by the back of the neck and head to his dorm as everyone stares at me. When I get to his dorm no one was there.

I locked the door, Ron looked at me with scared eyes. "How could you say something like that to Hermione earlier!" I yell immediately, making him jump. "What? What did I say?" He says, my anger boils, 'I mean no one would want you to be their date.' That is what you said to her! Think about that Ron." "What? What is so wrong about saying that? It isn't like she even has a date. Right?" "Yeah she does have a date Ron! Thank God it isn't you! Because if you say shit like that to any other girl and I hear about it, You'll be 6 feet under!"

"She has a date? Who?" He asks now jealous. "No. You don't get to be jealous Ron. The man she is going to the ball with is one hell of a better man then you. When you say stuff like that to women it feels like you are using us and calling us fuckin ugly, and that no one would ever want to date us." His face goes red as he realizes just what he said. "You made Hermione cry Ron." He looks down, "Now when you see Hermione you bet my ass it is good, do you understand me?" I ask with a dark but controlled tone. "Yes." "Yes what?" "Yes Heaven, I will."