Ten

SAMPLE ONLY! CHAPTER TAKEN DOWN ON AUGUST 12, 2020.

When we finally reached my apartment without any media tailing us, William's security appeared out of nowhere and opened the door on Sydney's side.

"I don't know how things escalated this fast, but as for now, I think it would be better if we don't make contact until Friday night. I'll have security for you and your dad as a precaution if it is all right with you," William stated sternly.

I faintly heard Sydney got out of the car before I nodded in reply. I was too overwhelmed with the situation to come up with a witty comeback. I didn't like to stand out, but since I was dating Mr. Mogul, it was not one of my choices now. I already knew that this will happen when I agreed to date him, so I held my tongue and agreed to his command. It was the right thing to do. I knew it as a fact.

I didn't stand on the pavement and watch his car drive towards the main street as I always did. I had done enough public appearance today, so in quick strides, Sydney and I entered my apartment building without looking back. As we entered my place, we sounded a little breathless. At the back of my head, I thought about the fact that I will continue having days like this as long as I continue to see William.

"Are you okay?" Sydney asked as I looked up towards her while I leaned on the door. "I'm okay. Don't worry," I replied with a strained smile.

She thought about my reply for a second before nodding in response. We settled in my living couch, joining my father as he watched another rerun of a football game. For a while, I felt relaxed and free like my life wasn't in turmoil at the moment. After my dad decided to head out towards his room, Sydney and I started with our serious conversation.

"What is with the uncertainty this morning? You didn't look like you regretted having William a few minutes ago," she pointed out as I returned from the kitchen with two glasses of cold water.

I blinked a couple of times, speechless by her words. After I had gathered my thoughts, I sat down beside her with a strained sigh. "I don't know how to voice this out..." I started but trailed off, getting lost in my thoughts.

"Try," she said encouragingly, giving me a small smile.

I took another deep breath as I tried to formulate a proper sentence that would describe what I was feeling yesterday. "I'm scared of my feelings towards William. Though I admit that I like him very much and that I trust him even after all the messed up things we've been through, I'm afraid of what that would mean or where that would lead to," I whispered. For the first time, I finally had a proper grasp of my own feelings.

All this time, I've been fighting with myself on all intimate and emotional aspects, staying away from anyone who had the potential to get me romantically involved. After my talk with Terry a month ago, when he put me into the perspective of how I've been acting towards William, I realized what I've denied to myself for years. With William, I slowly started to forget, but last night, it felt like my gut was telling me that I'm having a repeat with him.

I winced as I allowed myself to remember a painful memory I tried to forget for years. "I'm scared where this is heading," I continued when she remained silent.

"What is it that you are afraid of? William doesn't seem to be going anywhere if that's what you're concerned about," she asked in confusion.

With a sigh, I allowed my face to show the grief I've been hiding for years. I felt a small tear run down the right side of my cheeks.

"Oh, honey, if you don't want to talk anymore, you just have to tell me. I didn't mean to make you cry," Sydney cooed as she pulled me into an embrace.