THREE: My Day With Liam

My Guide to Popularity: The Story

Chapter Three

                Liam plopped down onto his coach and turned on the TV. I walked over and sat next to him, enjoying being so close to him. "Ya know you should probably get some rest; doctors orders." I didn’t bother to ask him whether or not he was planning on going to school because I’d rather have him here with me. Plus, I have to admit, a part of me was afraid that if we went back to school, everything would go back to the way it was. He wouldn’t do that though…. right?

He rolled his head over on the back of the couch, to look me in the eye. “I don’t know… I rather…” He trailed off, and then came to a complete stop. He’d rather what?”

My eyebrows arched in curiosity, “You’d rather what-“, and then His phone began ringing. I exhaled deeply, agitated now. I so badly want to know what he was going to say.  He picked up his phone and I peeked at the caller I.D number, in black letters it clearly read, “Brittany! ;)” I wanted to believe that she was the one that added the wink face to her contact name but a part of me wouldn’t allow that.

After about three rings, he still sat there, staring at the phone, still ringing. What was he doing? Then he did something I never thought he’d do. He clicked the “End” button; then shoved it back into his pocket. He looked back at me and smiled, seeing the shock on my face. “Id rather stay here with you.” He said. I could feel my cheeks raise and I began to blush. I playfully pushed against his shoulder and smirked.

“Aw, Liam the lion doesn’t want to leave my side? Its elementary school all over again!” Wow, nice way to be cool, Liyah. I instantly laughed as his jaw dropped as his old elementary school nickname, “Liam the Lion”.  It all came about when Mrs. Hipper-knuckle first called him that when she first saw him with his lion faced backpack and matching necklace, I personally think she had a little crush on him. He picked up a pillow and hit me with it. And that’s when it all began.

The pillow war; we had set up our forces (AKA, I was hiding behind the couch while he was hiding behind a flipped over table on its side). I don’t know how it happened but now instead of throwing pillows we were throwing marshmallows and teddy bears at each other. “Give it up, Carson. You’re never going to win this war. I have been and always will be the Princess Warrior of Pillow Fights Extreme!” I could hear him chuckle. I probably brought back old memories; Pillow Fights Extreme is what we used to call this game as kids.

I felt a soft impact behind my head; I looked down to see a marshmallow hit the ground. I picked it up and saw words written on it in marker saying, “Carson Weapons inc.” I laughed, he’s so adorable. “Never, OK, McKinley? It’ll be a long, food less war until I surrender!” I stood up, creeping closer to him, trying to catch him off guard. All I had to do was cross over onto his side and hit him with a marshmallow to win. I slowly crawled behind him and then threw about six marshmallows behind his head.

It was hilarious! Every time a marshmallow hit him, he acted like I was shooting him with an automatic. Then he dramatically fell to the ground, onto his back, tongue hanging out his mouth. I stood up, triumphantly, flexing my non existent muscles and said, “I am Victorious!” But, I wasn’t for long as I was sweep off my feet- literally- and pinned down on the ground, under Liam. Now, I have to admit, this was a moment to remember. It ya know what I mean…

I smirked, clearly enjoying this just as much as him. “Aw, feisty I see.” I didn’t know where it came from, but I kind of liked it. And I could also see that he did too. He smirked, leaning closer to my face, forcing my hands above my head. I could feel his breathe on my face, actually, I felt a lot more of him that I probably shouldn’t have, but I liked that too.  He stared between my eyes and my lips for a moment before saying. “You may have won the battle but you didn’t win the war.”