Chapter Three

Toby

"Who did this to you?" JC sat against a short cement block wall, I got heavy breathing.
I heard Paige's car pull up, I heard her open the door then slam it shut.

I draped JC's arm over my shoulder, Happy took the other side and Paige held open the back door to her truck.
"Thanks" I barely heard it, but it was still there.

JC was grateful.

I loaded her into the backseat, I started to get in but Paige stopped me.

"I'll sit back here with her. You drive." I shrugged and got into the front seat. Happy jumped next to me.

Paige

I got in the back with this girl named JC, she grimiced as she bucked her seatbelt.
She had bruises all over her face, her lip was busted in two places. There was dried blood matted in her hair, this girl looked defeated.

This girl looked broken.

"How old are you?" JC couldn't be much older then 20, she had a young face.

"18" JC smiled weakly at me, I smiled back.

Whatever happened, somehow JC found the strength to smile.

Somehow.

We pulled up to the garage, Walter was standing there with a serious look on is face. His arms crossed. Sylvester stood there.

He was sweating.

I dragged JC out of the car, Toby came around and lifted her up bridal style.

"Who's this?" Walter blocked Toby from entering, "My sister" Walter's expression softened, he led Toby into our headquarters.

Toby

I set JC on the couch, she looked weak.

She eventually sat up, I sat next to her.

"Look JC, I'll figure out what happened to you. I can right now" JC shrugged, "You've got 2nd degree burns on your arms. They happened months ago. Your lip, somebody punched it. You have bruises" Jc smiled at me a little, I pointed to shoulder, "Those are whip marks" My heart dropped, JC looked away.

JC stood up, she started to pull of her shirt. She threw it on the ground. All she was wearing was a black sports bra and her jean shorts.

Nobody was prepared for what they saw next.