Chapter 19 Awakening the gods

Your POV

Yami and I went through the entire museum and discovered a section of the Egyptian exhibit that was dedicated to a duel between Atem and Seto, which was still fresh in my mind. We were then greeted by the exhibit's owner, Ishizu Istar, who resembled the High Priestess Isis from ancient times. "Welcome your Majesties, it is a pleasure to have you both here," she greeted, as she went on to explain the tablet that depicted a great battle between Atem and Seto in which was being recreated in modern times. 

After doing our digging, Yami wanted to take me around town just to see if he could get some more memories back. We ended up at an arcade where we I ended up in a dance competition similar to how Tea and Yami had experienced a few weeks prior. "Hey you're that guy from a few weeks ago! What are you doing with this chick now?" Some random guy said coming up. "This a different friend of mine and I don't think I need to explain anything else to you Johnny," Yami said. "Well you don't get both the hotties around town, so I say I get to duel this girl for the chance at a date with her," Johnny said. "Why would she agree," Yami started. "Fine hot shot, you're on and you're going to regret that," I said.

Finding a duel field we took our places opposite of each other. "Y/N why are you doing this?" Yami questioned. "Because this punk didn't learn from you so I should teach him myself, you have yet to see me duel, and maybe it will cause some memories to come back," I explained. "I still don't think this is a good idea," he said. "Well let me prove you wrong," I said. Johnny seemed to be playing all music and metal based monsters, but he's never seen my Greek god cards in action. "I summon the Hydra in attack mode, followed by this card face down," I played, hydra has 1800/500 points. Knowing that my face down card may be a trap, Johnny attacked hydra, but that activated my trap, called Mother of Monsters, which summoned Echidna to the field and boosted my Hydra's attack points to 2800 and allowed me to destroy Johnny's monster. After seeing this Johnny backed down and bolted. I could see Yami's stunned face. "What was that card?" He asked. "It's called Mother of Monsters, in ancient times Echidna was the mother of all monsters from Greek Mythology, any monster that she birthed when that's on the field when she's played gets an instant 1000 point raise in Attack points," I explained. Echidna may be a strong card, but she's not my strongest or rarest. "I must say that's quite incredible, how do you know so much about the Greeks," he pressed. "I figured you'd ask that, heh. I am of Greek descent more specifically Atlantean, my home lied across the great sea before I ran away to Egypt from my brother. That's when I had to resort to stealing to survive and was taken in by the notorious thief king," I explained some of my past. I could see him trying to not only process, but remember what I had said in the past.

Yami's POV

As (Y/N) was explaining this all to me, I felt myself get brought back to ancient Egypt. I was looking up at a girl in white clothes and a brown hood. "You think that your guards can stop me pharaoh? I can't be taken so easily! Harpy Queen attack!" the girl screamed. A large harpy lady came flying at my guards and attacked fiercely. One of the guards launched a spear at the girl causing her to jump to the ground from the banister and lose her hood, revealing (Y/N)! "Guards stop! Bring her to me!" I yelled in shock. "(Y/N) what are you doing? Why did you attack me," I questioned. She looked at me to smile, and I was snapped back to reality. "Did you ever attack me?" I asked the (Y/N) in front of me. "I see you gained another memory, lets just say some of our story was rewritten, I never attacked you intentionally. I was brainwashed by the evil in this world and did my attack unknowingly. That was supposedly our first meeting when it was rewritten, in actuality, I was sent to put you in a dream state with my assassin team while the thief king took over and burned the kingdom to the ground. After seeing your kind eyes and the good you could do for the kingdom, I backed out and ran away, only to have your high priest capture me and lock me and my team up. You spared us though and brought 3 of the 5 of us to your side of the kingdom. That's where our story began," she explained. I can't believe we were enemies turned lovers. This is a whirlwind of thought's coming back to me.