Chapter 17 On the Hunt

Y/N POV

Shortly after our victory in Duelist Kingdom, we all returned to Domino City. Knowing that Yugi and his friends had school, I decided the best course of action would be to do some digging to see if there was any way to get my husband back. I know he's locked in that puzzle and there has to be a way to get him free... "Y/N, you've been staring at the same screen and book for the past hour, what are you looking for?" Cassie asked. "I'm trying to get my husband back... He's been trapped in that puzzle for 5000 years... I need him back," I explained. "During the duels... I sensed him there, he is there somewhere in that boy, Yugi. I know you saw him too when we dueled Akafia, he was in control of Yugi's body while the real Yugi was the Dark Magician," Ashton said as he came in. "I know... it's just, while I know my husband is alive in there, I also know that with the magic he used, he doesn't have any of his memories, similar to how I lost my memories the first time we had to do the spell. Our spells differed in what happened though, Atem was locked away in his puzzle with his memories erased, my spell involved some ancient magic from my home in Atlantis that forced my body to reincarnate and trapped my husband's soul in his tomb." I expressed to my comrades. The magic we had to use.... the curses we put ourselves under... it has taken it's toll on both of us. I've lost my husband three times now, my unborn child ceased to exist, and now the same evil of the Shadow Realm has reared it's ugly head again. 

A few hours later...

It was about 8:00 pm when I was pulled from my thoughts by my phone ringing. "Hello this is (Y/N)," I answered. "Hey um (Y/N), it's Yam- Yugi. Would you be able to help with some issues I am having with a friend's memories? I remember you saying that you were good at finding memories or triggers to memory," a deeper sounding Yugi answered in the phone. "Hmm I don't see why not, why don't we meet a the cultural museum tomorrow evening and see what we can dig up for you," I responded. "Great I look forward to it my que-, (Y/N)," he stuttered out as he hung up the phone. I smile as I process what just happened, looks like Atem wants to remember everything sooner than expected.