Featured story: It Was You

written by SummerForeverEver

(We are having some spacing issues at the moment and will be fixing it shortly. We apologise for that.)

Sunlight seeped into the room through the white, transparent curtains, and I opened my eyes but then promptly closed them. That was definitely a mistake. Then, like it realized I awake now, my head started pounding and my mouth went dry.

I rolled slowly over onto my back, nausea creeping into the back of my throat as something scraped against the headboard. I was just about naked, only wearing underwear, a black tank top, with a small section of the duvet covering from my shin down to my foot.

Sighing, I tried opening my eyes again. I could feel something tugging at my neck so I reached up, and something poked at my hand.

What the . . . ?

I grasped the tip of whatever it was and then yanked it off of me, holding it out in front of me. It was a blue party hat with glitter glued on, which was falling onto my hands and the sheets.

Chucking the party hat, landing on a dresser, I slowly hoisted myself up and when I was, I realized that there was a hand on my thigh.

It was like one of those moments from horror movies when the model-pretty girl wakes up and then a monster jumps out of the bed, usually a zombie, when you least expect him to.

Of course, no zombies jumped out and killed me but I freaked out anyway. I jumped back, pulling my thigh away and stumbling out of the bed and falling onto the floor.

There, wrapped in the covers like a mummy, was a guy. His head tucked under the pillow, with one arm lying lazily on top, and his other hand lying where my thigh had been.

After falling onto the ground, crushing plastic cups and other party hats, I stood up, just staring at him like he was green or something.

But he was sleeping in the same bed as me so he might as well have been green. In fact, I think I would’ve freaked out less if he were green.

He was shirtless and had one barefoot sticking out of the duvet. Dark hair poked out from under the pillow, and I noticed that he had an unusual freckle pattern on the back of his neck.

For whatever reason, I reached out to touch it. It kind of looked like a star constellation, forming a diamond if you traced it, either that or an upside down triangle. It was quirky, kind of cute, and a little weird all at once.

But when my hand was just an inch away from him, he moaned softly, shifting in the bed and I scurried away, stepping over party cups and hats.

And an open condom wrapper.

When I was certain that he was still asleep, I lifted my foot and picked up wrapper at the edges. It was torn at the top, a jagged tear, and the condom was gone, and I looked at the guy.

No. Freaking. Way.

I dropped the wrapper, realizing that I needed to get out of there. If not because of the naked guy right there, then because I had probably blown my curfew, but mainly the whole naked guy in bed thing.

Grabbing my jeans and high heels, I ran on tip-toes to the door just as the he began to rise, shaking his head, and I dashed out just as the pillow flopped off his head and onto the floor.

As I ran down the stairs, I fished around in my jean pockets for my phone. My phone had to be in there. It just had to be.

My parents were so going to kill me.