LXXI-8

•••

Leo slid off of the roof and landed in the grass with a grunt. He wasn't able to land it so he had fallen down from the impact.
It wasn't high enough to have hurt him so he got back up and had locked eye contact with Ronnie from his room window above.

He just stared at Leo, giving a blunt wave as if he was glad Leo had chosen to finally leave.

And then there he was, just a kid against the whole world now. At least until he could find a way to end all of this chaos..

It wasn't like Leo had planned this, it was obvious that he didn't. He had nothing but the backpack on his back. He knew eventually the resources he did have would run out.

Thus, for the following night he would take shelter in a bathroom of a convenience store. Surely someone would be nice enough to allow that.
Leo still felt very alone. Everyone around him were strangers, there was no way he could just trust anyone. He should have taken the medicine before he left, but he left them with Susie.

He didn't think he'd need them anyways, but remembering what he usually saw at night, especially while outside, he really regretted not taking them.

•••

It wasn't long before Leo reached a nearby store. It was pretty dead. Usually at this time of day it was pretty busy, guess maybe it depended on the hour.
He walked in, the bell over the door ringing softly to let anyone know he came in.
He didn't want to make any trouble, therefore didn't ask if he could stay. Leo only sneaked to the back and slipped into the bathroom, locking the door.

He didn't think it would be a problem since the store was quite dead anyways.
He pulled his bag off and dropped it onto the floor before sliding down the wall and sitting on the floor himself.

Peace and quiet.

••••