Tips and Tricks

Hi guys, please don't forget to vote comment and add this book to your library :) It really means a lot to me. Please support me, pretty please? Anyway, I won't pester you anymore, you're just here for the book. Here ya go!

The tree, so very close to being destroyed seemed to cackle in the wind. It's leaves rustled, the birds cackled. All was bleak and lost. Still, he punched on in the last ditch attempt. He would not give up. No matter what. He still had some time. He punched and punched, every little blow shaking the tree.

Suddenly, a loud snapping noise came from his right. He turned his head slowly and slightly but kept punching feebly. He looked, and he saw the outline of a figure but the haziness prevented him from recognizing the cloaked figure.

The tree broke. His knuckles came through one side of the tree and straight through the other. He breathed a sigh of relief and dropped to the floor exhausted. He didn't get up.

The next thing Yang felt was a short of wet cold nudge on his face. His face convulsed and he tried to move his arms. His arms! What had happened to his arms! They felt heavier, more sturdier. Was the potions effects happening now? Well that's jolly well helpful isn't it! He thought to himself, what's the point of having a potion if the effects come after he had finished the task.

He slowly opened his eyes. He was in a room, a large furnished room filled with white fog. He blinked, the fog dissipated. He got up and found himself lying on his orphanage bed. Was it all a dream? Had he not even got to the tree yet? What happened? Then he caught sight of a huge dog.

"Well, you've finally decided to wake up!"The familiar voice of Arcturus bought a soothing sensation to Yang,"Sacharissa, come! He's fine now."

Yang slowly propped himself up against his bed sheets and suddenly vomited to the side of his bed.

"Easy now, soldier!"Arcturus sounded somewhat alarmed.

There was a clang of metal as Arcturus hurried to Yang's side. To Yang's astonishment, for the briefest of moments, he caught sight of a look of anxiety in Arcturus' eyes. Arcturus it seemed, really cared for him though you would not be able to know that just by looking at him.

Arcturus placed his hand on Yang's forehead, he felt a sort of heat transferred from the palm of Arcturus' hand. Sacharissa whined on the side. She wanted to sidle up to Yang and cuddle him but his master forbade it with a single thought.

Then Yang blacked out again, this time, when he awoke, Harry was next to him spoon-feeding him a liquid. He seemed to be in the middle of an argument with Arcturus but when he saw that Yang had awoken, he closed his mouth.

"You could have killed him Arcturus, what with all the fake potions and stuff, why did you do it? Why did you change the potion?"Asked Harry.

And then began the long explanation of how Arcturus had set up the potion as a test. How he had convinced Harry about the healing and strengthening effects of the potion whilst actually placing dark magic inside.

First, he wanted to test Yang's word, whether he would keep to his side of the promise until he had to break it. He had enhanced the bark of the tree with the shell of a mite. Mite shells, became very hard and almost indestructible, so he decided to add a piece to the outer layer. Every day, he would observe Yang to see whether he had taken the potion.

Then he needed to know whether Yang had the determination needed to study from Arcturus, he knew of course that Yang would take the potion in the end, that was inevitable. But he had not the slightest clue as to whether Yang would just give up, as soon as the potion failed or whether he would keep trying.

The more he spoke, the more Yang recognized him, not as an emotionless captain who orders people around but a kind spirit with a harsh outer shell. After Yang had finished drinking the pale liquid, Arcturus maintained his usual pose.

He walked over to the window looking out.

"We leave tomorrow, pack your things as soon as you can,"Arcturus ordered."We have a long journey ahead of us, and many lessons are to be taught. There is a uniform that I have prepared for you in that wardrobe over there and I have already told the owner of this orphanage that I will be taking you. Say goodbye Yang, it'll be your final day here."

With that he whisked open the door and left. Excitement coursed through Yang's body. He had done it! All those endless days of pain had not been for naught.

"Well, that man's certainly one crazy old bird!" Stuttered Harry,"You know, I think you deserve a rest!"

"I'm fine!"Yang replied.

"Ah, you're crazy! The lot of ya, it seems like Arcturus has an infectious personality!"said he shaking his head. "Ah, but you be careful alright? Promise me to be careful. Please?"

"Ok"