Game Night

"Hi"

Trixie looked up at Easton. Giving herself 3 seconds to take in how good he looked in his black hoodie with black sweatpants. She'd never seen him in casual clothes and it certainly didn't disappoint.

"Hey"

His voice was warm, so so warm. It made her want to kiss him the same way he'd kissed her last night on the balcony. Did that count as a kiss? He simply put his lips against hers, she never kissed him back. Hm. 

He welcomed her in and she followed him into the kitchen. Their regular meeting place.

"Do you want dinner in your room again or.."

Trixie watched the corners of his mouth curving upwards as he placed several ingredients on the counter.

"You're so funny"

"Eh, I try" he mumbled. She rolled her eyes playfully, taking a seat on the bar stool so she could watch him get to work. It was pleasing to see a man doing all the work for once, she couldn't remember the last time she'd seen Hendrix cook something.

"I'll eat here... with you"

She could only see his side profile from where she was sitting but she could've sworn she saw a faint shade of red appear on his cheeks.

"Okay" he responded, his voice monotone.

"I'll be right back" she said, slipping out of her seat and disappearing into the hallway. She made her way to her room, she knew the way this time. Trixie peered down the hallway at all the rooms, she noticed little name tags on each door, representing which soldier stayed there. 

She found her room quickly enough, pushing open the door to see the bed neatly made and the little note still on the nightstand. But her eyes fell on the black hoodie which was back on the bed, neatly folded as if he'd left it there on purpose. She felt a grin appearing on her face as she changed clothes and remembered what he'd said the day before. 

Oh, keep it

His hoodie felt cosy, the same way it had done almost 24 hours ago. Trixie pulled her hair back into ponytail when she heard her phone going off in one of her pockets. Sighing and dropping the hair tie, she grabbed her phone. 

Incoming Call from Hendrix

She swallowed, her throat going dry as her finger hovered above the answer icon. But before she could make an informed decision, it stopped ringing. She sighed again, softer this time as she set the phone down on the nightstand. But a text popped up, restricting the screen from going black. Trixie saw his name and shook her head, fixing her hair. 

"I don't want to speak to you right now" she mumbled, placing a hair grip in her ponytail to secure it from becoming loose. She turned to leave the room but a text popped up on the phone as soon as she placed her hand on the doorknob. 

Hesitating, she sighed for a third time. She already knew it was from him. At least he's putting effort in, I suppose. She rolled her eyes, shaking her head as she picked up her phone to read the text. 

I know you're mad, I don't blame you and you're not wrong for leaving the house. But I miss you, Trix. I can't even begin to explain how sorry I am for treating you the way I did. It was completely outta pocket when you hadn't even done anything wrong. Please come home, Trixie. Let me fix it, I promise I will do everything to fix it. Daisy also said she misses you. H 

Her eyes narrowed when she saw the last sentence, referring to his sister who Trixie deeply loved and cared for. No argument her and Hendrix had could ever change the love she had for Daisy. It made her wonder whether he simply included that to guilt trip her. 

"I'll deal with you later" she said, shorty after her stomach rumbled. She set the phone down on the nightstand, hoping it wouldn't disrupt her night. 

Easton poured two glasses of Fanta, setting them both down at the table, alongside the two plates of burgers and chips. He'd never enjoyed cooking, or cooking for others but something about Trixie made him want to serve her a 5 course meal for the rest of his life. 

He stood back, admiring his work. His finger moved to his chin, gently stroking his stubble as thoughts began to race through his head. 

It's way too much. It looks so disgustingly formal and...extra. I should've just ordered in. What if it overwhelms her? I don't want her to feel uncomfortable. 

He groaned profusely, putting his head in his hands. 

Trixie walked into the kitchen, noticing him immediately. He hadn't noticed her yet. His head was in his hands, a hand towel thrown over his shoulder as he stood in that same black fit with the silver chain around his neck. His shoulders were broad as he moved his hands, straightening his posture. 

"Hi"

He jumped, grabbing the towel as if it would work as some kind of weapon. Trixie tried to mask her laughter by raising her eyebrows but it tore through as he shook his head. 

"You're irritating" 

His voice was low but she caught sight of the dimple on his left cheek before he turned around. She felt her own lips smiling and went to take a seat, looking at all the food. He studied her expression nervously, taking a seat opposite. 

"If it's too much-"

"No, it's perfectly enough" 

His shoulders dropped with relief as Trixie noticed his eyes smiling back at her. He should smile more, she thought. He had a beautiful smile, but never showed it since he was too busy being the most feared and hated mafia leader Jersey had ever known. 

Trixie picked up a fry, dipping it generously in the ketchup he'd already placed there for her. He dug into his own food, eating like no one was watching. It gave Trixie a strange sense of comfort, the way he was comfortable around her. A small smirk appeared on her face as she decided to disturb him. 

"Let's play truth or dare"