Shower

TRIXIE'S POV:

I bit the chicken off the skewer stick whilst watching the chefs prepare it. Hendrix was in the other room, discussing all things mafia and alliance. One of the chefs came over to where I was stood, awkwardly taking the tray of food before I scoffed it all in one go.

"I should go in there, shouldn't I?" I asked him, sighing as he nodded his head. What was he supposed to know? His job was to make sure everyone left on a full stomach, nothing else.

I sighed, walking over to the dining area and opening the door. All the men were seated in groups, all discussing ideas. Men in suits talking to other men in suits. I spotted Hendrix in the corner of the room, talking to the man who I despised. I realised I didn't even know his name yet.

Hendrix looked over at me as I walked into the room, waving me over as the other guy also looked at me. I avoided his gaze, flashing a smile at Hendrix who laced his arm around my waist.

"And this is the brains behind everything" he joked. I laughed with him as he looked at me. I kept my eyes locked on Hendrix even though I could feel the other man's eyes on me.

"Beauty and the brains? I believe that's what they call it" he said boldly. Hendrix raised an eyebrow, looking at him. I felt his arm tense up and quickly let out a fake laugh, desperate to ease the tension. A second later they both started laughing too but it felt like the longest second of my life.

"That's me" I said, nudging Hendrix gently as he nodded his head. I could tell the man's comment had completely ruined the tone of the conversation.

"Say, how about we talk alliance instead of you hitting on my girlfriend, Easton?" said Hendrix, narrowing his eyes as he looked at him. So that was his name, Easton.

"Easton Spear" he said, looking at me and nodding his head. I felt my tummy doing flips as his brown eyes pierced into mine. He looked over at Hendrix, holding his hand out "we'd love to form an alliance with NJ13"

"The pleasure is all mine" said Hendrix, shaking his hand whilst keeping his other arm around me.

We watched Easton walk away and go join his men before Hendrix turned to me, grinning from ear to ear. He leaned forwards, kissing my lips whilst placing both hands on my face.

I smiled against his lips, pulling away to catch Easton staring at us, a cigar half hanging out of his mouth as he winked at me.

"I can't believe this" said Hendrix, looking down at his phone "we really formed an alliance with no trouble or drama"

"Right, no drama" I said, holding the eye contact between Easton and I. Hendrix laughed to himself as he tapped on his phone, probably informing everyone about the latest achievement of our mafia.

-

"Pass the shrimp!" called one of Blue Spear's men from the lower end of the dining table. I sat back in my seat, exhausted from all the fake smiles and laughter. I looked over at Hendrix who was tipsy but he could do whatever he wanted now, the alliance was confirmed, that was all he wanted.

I leaned across, placing my hand on his shoulder and moving my mouth towards his ear.

"I'll be upstairs, I'm tired, finish up here soon"

He nodded, kissing my cheek. I forced a smile even though he reeked of alcohol. I wasn't used to it, he rarely consumed alcohol but this was considered a special occasion, I guess.

I excused myself quickly enough, going through the kitchen. I kicked off my heels and left them in the hallway as I heard music being turned on for the men. I rolled my eyes, making my way up to our room and closing the door behind me. I slipped out of my dress, getting into the shower and leaving it lying on the floor instead.

-

Wrapping a towel over my body, I opened the bathroom door, engulfing myself in steam from my shower. I used my hand to fan the steam away, flapping it back and forth. I coughed once or twice, trying to fan it away till my hand hit something, a shoulder or something.

"Oh, when did you come upstairs, babe? I just shower-"

My eyes met his. My throat turned dry and my stomach knotted. The corners of his mouth curved upwards as a hand reached out, tucking a strand of damp hair behind my ear. His skin felt soft against mine, sending shivers through me.

"Y-You can't be here..."

"Shh" he interrupted. His eyes lowered to the towel wrapped around me, his hand tracing the rim of it. It became hard to swallow as I felt his fingers on my skin. I'd just washed my body yet I was now feeling dirty all over again.

I looked up at him, his eyes still on the towel. None of the bedroom lights were on, the only light was coming through the curtains from streetlights. The orange glow shone onto his face, highlighting the scar above his eyebrow. I was so curious about it.

"I'll scream" I lied, watching him smile.

"Nah, you won't"

I pressed my lips together, of course I won't. I tried to take a breath, my breathing hitched as I looked down at his hand. He'd let go of my towel, both hands behind his back.

"I'll see you around" he said. And with that, he walked out of the room, gently closing the door behind him as if nothing had happened.