1. dandelion boy

"Since when was there a fucking wall here?" Jay mumbled in his sleep when he rolled over and felt something hard against his back. It felt like it was covered with some cloth? Was it linen? Or satin? Hard to tell.

But then the wall moved.

And Jay felt skin against his bare back.

He tore his eyes open and turned back, to find a boy, a couple of years younger than he was, fast asleep in his sheets.

His insides tied up in a knot as he screamed, "what the fuck are you doing here, who are you?!"

The boy woke up with a start and analysed Jay. He seemed to be completely unaffected by the fact that Jay was shirtless, which was strange.

"You asked for me. I'm literally here to just "satisfy your need of love"," the boy yawned, using extreme sarcasm in the last phrase as if he was quoting patronising words that had once been used to overpower him.

After a while of scanning the boy next to him, he ran his fingers through his black hair and said nothing but "damn".

The boy picked at his wispy white shirt and rolled his eyes. "So, judging from past experience, let me take a guess. You don't want real love. You're really just a picky, needy little shit who thinks sex and love are the same things, and you also just want a significant other to show off as a trophy, with no actual feelings behind our interactions. Am I right or am I right?"

Jay was astonished by these venom-like words hurled at him. He was speechless, which in turn ended up making him open and close his mouth a few times in a failed search of words — it really made him resemble a goldfish.

Eventually, the boy in the shirt — dandelion boy, as Jay had termed him — scoffed, "thought so. Hi, I'm Jungwon, your sex-doll-trophy hybrid." He gently picked himself up off the bed and walked out of the bedroom door.

What the actual fuck?

Jay, too stunned to even move, sat as still as a stone sculpture processing Jungwon's words.

As soon as he regained his composure, he darted after Jungwon whom he found on the balcony, staring at the city. His eyes wandered and saw just a sliver of a field of white flowers. Probably the dandelions Jay wished on. He made a mental note to go explore it sometime.

"Listen, Jungwon," he let out, drizzled with a sigh, "I've never been in love before. I don't want to exploit you by using you for just sex either. I won't wear you on my sleeve to just show you off. I just want you to teach me to love."

It was clear that this boy had gone through a difficult past, and that he'd been made to do this so many times before that it had become a chore.

Imagine love being a chore. Painful, right?

With arms crossed over his chest, Jungwon turned around to face Jay who now had put on a grey t-shirt. "Whatever, I don't believe you. I'm stuck here anyway, so I can't do anything about it whether I like it or not."

He was stuck here?

Meaning... he'd stay with Jay all the time?

"Wait so you'll just sit here at home while I go to college and all?"

Jungwon opened his mouth in frustration, ready to yell at Jay. Instead, he took a deep breath and said, "No, I'm going to go to college with you and do law."

"You're going to study law?"

"I mean it's really useless, but I need it to blend into your life. I already know the entire syllabus for the next five years. But still. You called me here so I have loads of work to do now."