14

Since I had my bag with me, I was just going to go to the library or my room. Whichever one my feet decided to carry me to.

They decided to carry me into another body. Clearly my eyes weren't paying attention. 

"Watch it!" They called out as I apologized. 

I looked up to see Henry, "Oh, great. The other Riley brother. Ok, let it out so I can go about my day. Do the mean comment thing, whatever." 

"I wasn't going to say anything...Hey, are you alright?" 

I lifted my arms up, exasperated, "Fine! God! Why does everyone keep fucking asking me if I'm ok. I'm fine." 

Henry lifted his arms up too but in surrender, "They keep asking because something is clearly wrong." 

I dropped my arms and looked in Henry's brown eyes, "Whores don't get upset." 

I push passed Henry, bumping his shoulder as I go, "What? Fuck...Wren!" Henry calls after me. I ignore him, "Wren!" He yells louder as he jogs to catch up with me. 

He grabs my shoulder and I spin around to face him, "What?" I practically yell it. 

"Who is calling you a whore?" 

I smile angrily, "Oh, don't you know? You associate with one boy more than your friends and you become a whore. Boy's property. Wanna hear my new title? Adam's whore. Isn't it fitting, huh? Fucking perfect." 

Henry grabs both my shoulders, "Ok calm down." 

"Tell me to calm down again and you're going to lose a hand." 

Henry removes his hands from my shoulders, "Fine, ok. Breathe. Just stop. Breathe." 

I take a breath and then hit Henry's arms off of me, "I breathed. Happy? What are you even doing? You don't even like me." 

"Scooter likes you." 

"Being Scooter's friend qualifies me for the nice boy Riley treatment?" 

"Stop with the fucking attitude. It isn't helping you-"

"Well I'm mad! That's a valid reason for an attitude!" I cut in. 

Henry puts his hand on my mouth, efficiently shutting me up, "Stop yelling." I glare at Henry, "Who is calling you a whore?" 

He removes his hand off of my mouth, "You don't know him." Henry gives me a look that says try me and I roll my eyes, "Charlie." 

"The Duck?" I nod, "What are you going to do about it then?" 

I shake my head, "Scooter talked to Rick. They're probably doing some stupid prank on them."

"That's what they're doing. But what are you going to do?" 

I look at Henry, making direct eye contact, "I'm not going to do anything." 

Henry raises an eyebrow, "Why not?" 

"If I keep acting out on my anger I'm just going to end up like-" I cut myself off, not wanting to compare myself to my father, "I'm just going to be the bigger person. I'm sick of feeling like a child so why would I act like one? Besides, I'm sure whatever your brother is doing is enough karma." 

He smiles, "It is karma. And it's going to be a bitch." 

"You know what they're doing?" 

"Of course I do."

"Tell me." 

Henry smirked, "And why would I do that, Wren?" 

"Wren!" Adam's voice yells from the entrance of the cafeteria.