Epilogue

"Scorpiuuuus," came the calling from the door of the kitchen of Grimmauld Place, number 12.

"Comiiing!" came the answer from one bedrooms, the one closest to the top of the stairs.

"You better!" said the first voice. "Or do you want to lose your train to the first day of school?" Harry rested his hands on his hips and let out a sigh as he shook his head from side to side. But he's face beamed cheerfulness. "I bet he's worrying about looking good on he's first day. Your stubborn gene did have to pass your vanity to him, didn't it?" Harry had barely finished the sentence when the punch of Draco hit his arm, not strong enough to hurt.

"Oh, fuck off, will you?" Draco said as he let himself be pulled in to Harry embrace and received his warm kiss. "He has every right to be anxious, after all, doesn't he?"

"Okay, I'm just kidding. You're definitely right, I tried talking to him last night to calm his nerves. I guess I didn't do a very good job," Harry said and laughed a nervous laugh. "I'm not as good as you in these things. Go and try to say a few word of encouragement to him?"

"Okay," Draco said as he went to leave the kitchen.

"Thanks. Love you," in an almost whisper. Draco couldn't resist when Harry spoke like that. "But also hurry him," Harry said once again on the Mother-Weasley-tone he grew to master over the years. "He will arrive late if he takes too much longer."

*

Draco knocked twice on Scorpius's door. "Come in," came the answer. When Draco opened the door, he saw his son sitting on the bed, putting on his shoes. He stood up. "Does this look good? Or maybe I should use this other pair." He was going to take the shoes off when Draco intervened.

"Scorpius, this looks perfect. You don't need to stall anymore."

Scorpius looked guiltily at his father. "Sorry."

"It's okay, come here," said Draco as he sat on the bed and padded on the spot to his side indicating for Scorpius to sit there. Scorpius sat. "I know it's scary. I was scared as hell when I was your age. But hear this from someone who was been on your shoes: you have nothing to worry about. Really, you don't. Everything will be fine. You're probably afraid you won't make any friends. Or feeling some pressure because of the fame of your father..." Draco said that a little bit like a question, like a suggestion.

"Yeah, I guess. I don't know, it's just... everything. I know there is nothing to be afraid of, but still..."

"I understand. It's a huge change in your life, and the beginning of a very important phase, it's normal to feel anxious. Just remember we will always be here for you. No matter what happens. Okay?"

"Okay," Scorpius said meekly.

"Now come here," Draco said. He hugged Scorpius and gave him a kiss on the forehead. "Now, let's go have some breakfast before your father needs to call you down again."

They went down to the kitchen.

*

Harry and Draco had already eaten, but Harry was drinking coffee to make company to Scorpius as he ate. Draco took a mug and joined Harry on drinking coffee.

"So, are you calmer now?" Harry asked. "It's normal to get a bit worked up, we've all been there. With so many new things to think about and all that. The choosing ceremony and all."

"Oh, the choosing ceremony is what I'm the least worried about," Scorpius said. "I don't have the pressure of having to fall into a certain House, you two are already from different Houses."

"Oh." Harry was a tad surprised to hear an eleven-year-old wizard speak so matter-of-factly about Hogwarts Houses. Usually this a topic made the youngsters anxious.