Loke's fault

(A/N: For those who tend to cry more, grab your tissues! Maybe it isn't that much of a tearjerker, I don't know...)
--
"I now pronounce Leo Lionheart and Lucy Heartfilia as newly-weds! Well, you'd say, Lucy LIONHEART." Master Makarov announced, grinning. Loke pulled Lucy in closer for a deep kiss.

Lucy was blushing furiously as she kissed back, ignoring the immature 'Ooh' sounds Natsu and Gray made. Too bad, Loke's and Lucy's so-called happy marriage didn't last for long...

"Hime-sama, I see you have summoned me again?" Virgo knitted her brows in worry. She didn't ask for punishment again. Ever since Lucy's marriage. Lucy weakly got up and coughed, blood sputtering out of her dry lips.

"I-I don't think... I'd... l-last for..." Lucy found it hard to even say words now. Loke was always fooling around in bars, womanizing, forgetting that there was a home waiting for him. "Virgo, please help me w-write a letter to m-my beloved Lion..." Lucy weakly said, but smiled as she said Loke's name.

Virgo nodded gently and grabbed a pen and paper. She wrote everything Lucy said and Lucy coughed harder. "F-final words... to... Leo... I-I, love... you..." Lucy quickly said the last few words and she started coughing harder.

Virgo started crying. "HIME-SAMA!" She screamed as she patted Lucy's back, crying harder. Lucy coughed harder, but she had a firm grip on one of her golden keys.

Lucy coughed so hard till she found it hard to even breathe. Her breathing was shallow as she formed the last few words out of her mouth, "T-thank you Virgo... To Loke... y-you were the only one who... care-" Blood sputtered out of Lucy's mouth. The golden key she had a firm hold on dropped to the floor, and it made a loud clink sound.

Virgo would rather Lucy keep coughing now. "HIME-SAMA! HIME-SAMA!" She shouted so loud the neighborhood could hear as she shook Lucy furiously. Lucy's eyes were shut rather peacefully, as her fists was clenched...

Virgo was filled with anger. She didn't care if she was drained of her energy but now, she had to hunt down Loke!

She went to the Lionheart Inc. and stormed into Loke's office. "Ah, fine Virgo, what brings you here?" Loke asked as he raised his blue-rimmed glasses.

"Go to the home where you belong, is where all your answers lies at..." Virgo softly spoke as she faded away. She couldn't have stayed longer than that. Loke was confused because he had never seen Virgo so serious before. She was always serious about punishment time, but not so serious till those extent.

Loke felt something bad. He didn't know what, but it tugged at his heart. Loke swung his car keys around as he raced to his car, driving home at a fast speed. His heart started beating faster. He was scared.

Reaching home, Loke hesitated as he clutched the house keys tightly. He breathed in deeply and opened the door. No Lucy welcoming home. There was only a fade scent of Lucy and there wasn't vanilla-scented candles lit up. "Lucy?" Loke asked, looking around in the darkness. "Come out, you win..." He softly said, still looking about.

He went up to Lucy's bedroom and opened the door. He switched on the lights and saw Lucy lying on the bed. Loke stormed towards Lucy and touched her hands. Cold.

Loke couldn't help the tears streaming down his cheeks. Lucy's heart stopped beating, and Lucy didn't have that faint blush whenever Loke came closer to her.

"Lucy... please... this isn't a prank..." Loke cried harder, hugging Lucy tighter. He noticed Lucy's fist was clenched. He looked underneath and noticed a golden key. Gate of the Lion... Loke took the key and gently opened Lucy's clenched fist, putting the key in her fist and closing it again.

"Lucy... I'm sorry." Loke said. Why hadn't he been paying more attention to Lucy? He saw the note on the table.

He anxiously opened the note, and it read:

Dear Loke,
by now, am I still by your side, having that faint blush? Maybe not. I want you to know, you were really special. I loved you since that day I saw you. I was just too shy, till Gray and Natsu forced me to actually tell you the truth...

I knew being with you would have these consequences. The worry of: Will my husband be back for dinner? Is he at work or doing something else?

But I still loved you.

I love you, Loke. I know people make fun of you as a big-sized "kitten", I love you. You can be a weirdo, a fatso, anything! But as long as you are MY lion, MY idiot, I love you, and you are my one and only.

I just really want to let you know, I love you no matter what. Even if I'm dead, I hope the future of us will meet. I love you Loke - you, the only one who cared...

You know, falling for you was my mistake - scratch that, my sweetest mistake. Loke, you rescued me from many things before. How thankful am I for that? You may be a playboy, but at least your heart was with me for that one month of marriage.

I love your sweet talk, I love your light pecks on the cheeks. I love how you make me so mad at you, angrier than how Natsu or that shitty cat - Happy - can make me. Loke, you're handsome, and I know I can't tie you down.

But I will always love you.

I will protect you too, when you are in danger. I know you might not love me as much as I think but... Loke, I really do. Maybe it's time for you to understand but, I've been sick from the day you opened Lionheart Incorporations.

I tried telling you, but you were too tied up in matters. However, that's not important. Loke, I wrote you many novels while I was sick. Read them slowly, they'd last for long.

The last thing here I'd like to state is... I wish you were by my side.

You'll always be my one and only lion. I love you. Heh, want to count how many 'I love you's are in here? Gogoooooo!

Signed,
Your beloved.

The note had some minor bloodstains on it. Attached onto the note was their wedding photo of a flustered Lucy who was getting carried by Loke.

Loke wished he was there by Lucy's side when she was ill. He could read her her favorite fantasy books, hug her, tease her... most importantly, he could have been there to hold her in his arms when she died...

Loke started to fade away, glowing brightly. Did you know? Lucy, I love you - and you are always the master in my heart. If you die, I die. In afterlife, we will be together...

Again.