Rosannas Past

"Care to explain?" I heard her sigh before she told me to take a seat and that it was story time sarcasm following through her words before asking me to make sure Ella was out.

"There's not much to explain, back in the day I was a member of Cougar when the old master was around, things were better back then. Believe it or not I was the silent type, a shy girl and didn't consider myself very strong, no one did at least that's what I thought." Pausing I saw a smile make it's way on her face her cheeks getting slightly flushed before coughing to herself and shaking her head.

"During the time I was searching for my older brother of three years, something I had been doing for years at the time. As children we were very close, my mother believed it was important to get along with your family, trust them, and cherish them.

We were happy back then despite never meeting our father, may in rest in peace, that was until my mother passed away from a sudden illness.

That's when we met our uncle, may he rot in hell, who was a complete monster." She said as her voice became slightly strained as she quickly regained herself.

"When he discovered we had magic he saw it as a golden opportunity for profit and he would enter us in an underground fighting tournament against other mages. For 3 years he made us fight each other as 'training' at first we refused but he would only punish us worse if we did, but it was on my brothers 16 birthday that my brother finally snap.

It was a normal day of what we called freedom until a sudden request came in for me to be sold to a buyer willing to pay a hand full of money for me.

My brother didn't realize that they had taken me until he woke up that morning probably expecting a happy birthday or at least me being there to give him a birthday hug and kiss like what me and mother did for his birthday." She started to to smile as some tears escaped her eyes.

"I'm guessing things didn't go so well on my uncles side because I discovered that he was later killed on that very day. The next seven years of my life were spent in solitude with my new master a very kind woman with a very sadistic side to her. She would also punish us harshly if we did anything to displease her.

But other than that I had a somewhat peaceful life, practicing my magic in private, until I reached the age twenty.

That's when she sent me to work in the brothel as a bartender and maid, there were many instances where I was close to being raped or worse but I kept my wits about me.

My hope of ever leaving that place slowly drained until one day... He came." A genuine smile came as happiness seemed to glow in her eyes.

"The Cougars old guild master, when he first entered the brothel I thought him another man looking for a good time but I was surprised he said he came looking for me.

I didn't understand at first but he took my away from that place wishing for me to join his guild, I was against it completely thinking he was just another evil man but I was wrong.

As it turned out he was a friend of my mothers and when he discovered what had transpired he set out to look for me and my brother. He even let me in on a secret that not many others knew, that he himself was a happily married man with children, a mysterious man he was always keeping to himself and keeping a low profile." Slightly laughing to herself recalling memories of the serious yet genuinely good man.

"I kept his secret as I joined the guild, at the time the guild was a more pleasant place than it is now and I quickly got the hang of things. But I always kept to myself and distanced myself from the people there, always feeling like I was nowhere near their level of strength. That quickly changed after a fated meeting with a certain god slayer." She said slightly annoyed and amused recalling a memory of that day.