The Red Dawn

3rd Person POV

Naruto had been slightly anxious all day...

He had no idea what to expect and that was setting off alarms all over his head.

"Naruto-kun, relax. With the both of us, we should be able to hold our own." Kakashi tried to appease Naruto.

"I don't know, Kaka-nii... I feel something brewing from all of this... It feels like a heavy pressure on my chakra..." Naruto tried to explain why he felt anxious.

The truth was, he was worried for his team. Sasuke and Sakura had dug a special little place in Naruto's heart, almost to the same extent Menma had. Knowing the danger that the mission now involved had him on the edge.

"Be it as it may be, Naruto-kun, we're both strong enough to deal with this. We need to get through this, lest we want Tsunade-sama and Kushina-sama on our hides for dying." Kakashi joked, which seemed to help Naruto relax, if at least a little.

"I guess you're right. We need to be prepared for anything." Naruto gained a serious air around him, letting Kakashi know that the time was nearing.

"How far?" Kakashi asked.

"About sixty feet ahead of us." Naruto whispered as he began to tense his chakra in preparation for the fight that was about to take place.

"So, we should really get ready now, huh?" Kakashi asked as he raised his headband from his left eye.

"Yeah... we should." Naruto said as his eyes glowed an electric blue.

Everyone who was close to Naruto could see this happen every time Naruto got serious. Until now, no one knew what it was. Not even Kurama.

"It has been long, Naruto-kun." a voice came from the mist veiling the unfinished bridge.

'T-that voice...' was Kakashi's and Naruto's thought.

"That it has..." Naruto said as the mist began to show the silhouette of two cloaked figures approaching them.

"Itachi." as Naruto stated the name, the mist seemed to dissipate, showing Naruto and Kakashi who they were against.

"And it seems you have some strong back up." Kakashi stated as the two cloaked missing nin stood before them.

"Ahhhh. So they know who we are, huh?" the tall blue skinned man stated.

"It would be hard to not know who you are, Kirigakure no Kaijin." Naruto stated as Hoshigaki Kisame and Uchiha Itachi stood before the two Jounin.

"Ah, my reputation exceeds me, Shiroi Akuma. Itachi, you did not tell me we would be having this much fun. I should give you a thank you gift in return." Kisame stated mockingly as Itachi remained stoic.

"I see you know exactly who I am. It seems you did your homework." Naruto stated as he stared into the eyes of Itachi, who returned the stare.

"Give yourself up, Naruto-kun. If you resist, we will be forced to kill Kakashi so we can incapacitate you." Itachi stated as he stared at Naruto as his eyes morphed into the Sharingan.

"You should know speaking foolishness will lead no where, Itachi. If you so much as try, I will be forced to kill the both of you where you stand." Naruto retorted back, earning a chuckle from Kisame.

"Look at this. The little Kitsune thinks he can beat us, Itachi. We should teach him some manners." Kisame stated as he pulled his sword from his back, making both Naruto and Kakashi tense at the implication.

The fight was about to start.

"Very well. I tried to make this easy, Naruto-kun, but it seems we will have to do the hard way." Itachi stated as he prepared to dash forward.